New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    well which is which is the best in driving? I can't even decide whether to get an apv or the avanza. I love the APV but it worries me if the fuel consumption is the same as the car? Like the nissan blah blah.. The avanza has proven itself in the term toyota. Heard many people saying that its much more of a fuel economy than other vehicles. so thats my case which is which?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Suzuki APV na ako!

Ganda ng SGX variant nyan!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    mas maganda FC ng Vanzy! for the 1.3 Liter

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Ill take your word on it.. so the vitara engine is a good thing though i did do an interview of an suzuki owner vitara, she say it is good and stuff and i do hope its true. like to have a mini van type thing that can go uphill.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    And which a/c last the longest like the avanza can it keep up the heat without that much maintenance same goes for the apv.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    The avanza uses the proven denso airconditioning.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    APV Type II has Denso A/C systems on board. Malamig ang aircon, even in its slowest fan speed.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by j-six View Post
    apv parin. proven engine over avanza's which comes from vios. baka gusto nyo ng drag ha? joke it's just the mindset of the people here sa pilipinas that makes the difference between the two brands. ako kasi i prefer for something outside the ordinary so i choose a suzuki.

anyway let's keep this thread open to other comments
    The Avanza's engine is not from Vios. From Daihatsu. Ang istorya, binili ng Toyota ang rights ng Daihatsu. Daihatsu Xenia ang tawag dyan kung di binili ng Toyota. Ang ginawa ng Toyota kinabitan ng VVT-I engine yun Daihatsu. Check Wikipedia

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by drich_enriquez View Post
    The Avanza's engine is not from Vios. From Daihatsu. Ang istorya, binili ng Toyota ang rights ng Daihatsu. Daihatsu Xenia ang tawag dyan kung di binili ng Toyota. Ang ginawa ng Toyota kinabitan ng VVT-I engine yun Daihatsu. Check Wikipedia
    btw, avanza's engine is not the same as the vios. kung titingnan mo sa specs nila, mas mataas ng 7hp ang avanza kaya sa vios which is 85hp, kahit pareho silang 1.3L ang displacement nila.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Avanza ako. The 1.3 version has similar power output with the 1.6 APV. But I'd go the extra mile and get the fully loaded 1.5 liter version. But then again... that's already Innova money, so why not get an Innova instead?

Toyota Avanza vs. Suzuki APV