New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    follow up question is what do you drive now? And how do you currently deal with all the people? Two smaller cars? or what?

Honestly, you just have to concern yourself with the normal passenger load. So if it's five, then the Avanza is fine. The excess passengers can distribute themselves into another car.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi hops,

Had plans before of getting the APV or the Avanza, aside sa performance you should take into consideration din yung parts availability dahil definitely magkaka sira din both and also the re-sale value kung sakali na papalitan mo na yung unit. I've settled for the Innova instead since madami din kami sa family, enjoying it ever since... goodluck

always drive safe... extend your patience while on the road

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    How many people do you need to be seated inside the vehicles?
    +1.
    if it's 8, hmmm, I'll still vote for Avanza. Depende rin naman kasi sa body structure ng sasakay. Kung kagaya ko, kahit 10 pwede sa Avanza.

You may also want to read the ACP threads or this.

One owner also said 10 of them fitted inside the vanzy for a long trip. Dont know how ...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    pero ang 8 passengers sa 1.3 or 1.5 na Avanza? baka pag napasabak ka sa inclined roads, medyo mahirapan ka dun diba?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Nearly a year after the last post, both MPVs were specced-up. More significant for the APV was the rear suspension plus airbag/s. Avanza followed with dual front airbags, ABS, gate-type (A/T). Did I miss anything?

Now, who is the leading (gas-fed) MPV in the market today. My vote still goes to AVANZA.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Duplicate thread... Pwede siguro i-merge sa http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32907 ?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Nope! Kayang-kaya! Kahit sa Tagaytay Highlands pa at punung-puno! From experience ng mga ACP members like spongee. 1.3 pa lang yun, ha. What more yung 1.5?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Duplicate thread... Pwede siguro i-merge sa http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32907 ?
    [SIZE="4"]MOD's Note: Threads Merged[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KERSMcRae View Post
    Nearly a year after the last post, both MPVs were specced-up. More significant for the APV was the rear suspension plus airbag/s. Avanza followed with dual front airbags, ABS, gate-type (A/T). Did I miss anything?

Now, who is the leading (gas-fed) MPV in the market today. My vote still goes to AVANZA.
    It was in Aug 2007 that the Avanza J got a driver airbag. While the G got a 2nd airbag for the front passenger. The G also got ABS.

In the 2nd facelift of the (local) Avanza, The G A/T got the gate type A/T switch.

Space wise, the APV wins hands down. Since the engine itself in under the front seats, and almost no bonnet, the APV has a lot of space inside. On the flip side, shorter crumple zone in front.

pero ang 8 passengers sa 1.3 or 1.5 na Avanza? baka pag napasabak ka sa inclined roads, medyo mahirapan ka dun diba?
    the 1.3 Avanza has almost the same torque as the Gen 1 APV. with the same load, which one do you think can climb? Now add to that scenario that the APV is heavier than the Avanza.

A diesel Innova will not have any problem despite having a much heavier body and with the same load. Diesel engines typically have a lot of torque despite relatively low HP.

There are a lot of Toyota Casa horror stories. I do not know how good Suzuki's after sales support.
    Last edited by meledson; August 27th, 2009 at 06:27 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hops View Post
    well normally 5 (me, wife, father and mother in law plus child). But during occassions when i have to pickup my mom, my youngest and my sister's family (3) plus me and my wife and kid, around 7-8.
    If you are not in good terms with your in-laws, i recommend the APV and let them sit a the third row.

Toyota Avanza vs. Suzuki APV