New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    good day to all...
    I'm planning to go into taxi business I was told by a friend to get a toyota brand. I am interested on TOYOTA AVANZA 1.3 J MT versus TOYOTA VIOS 1.3 J MT but i dont know which is better between the two as taxi unit. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the two?If there's any, what car brand and model is better than the two i have mentioned that has the same displacement and not quite more expensive. Toyota avanza 1.3 J MT costs 639,000 php, toyota vios 1.3 J MT costs 630,000 php both brand new price. I'm going to operate the taxi in Cebu.
    What is your idea of having a diesel fueled taxi unit compared to the gasoline fueled?
    Please share your valuable ideas and experiences.
    Many thanks guys.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by stanford View Post
    good day to all...
    I'm planning to go into taxi business I was told by a friend to get a toyota brand. I am interested on TOYOTA AVANZA 1.3 J MT versus TOYOTA VIOS 1.3 J MT but i dont know which is better between the two as taxi unit. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the two?If there's any, what car brand and model is better than the two i have mentioned that has the same displacement and not quite more expensive. Toyota avanza 1.3 J MT costs 639,000 php, toyota vios 1.3 J MT costs 630,000 php both brand new price. I'm going to operate the taxi in Cebu.
    What is your idea of having a diesel fueled taxi unit compared to the gasoline fueled?
    Please share your valuable ideas and experiences.
    Many thanks guys.
    Sir IMHO, kung magtataxi ka po dapat maalam ka sa lahat laling lalo na sa repair and maintenance otherwise wag naman sana baka mabarubal ka ng oportunistang driver.

Now, kung oks ka sa r&m ng kotse i would rather suggest to consider two units at a price stated above. Dami pong binebenta na 08/09/10 na vios and avanza baka makatyempo ka po.

Sorry pala boss, eto sagot sa tanong mo - as a commuter ibwould prefer avanza madali sumakay at may kaluwagan. PERO - pinipili ko sinasakyan kong taxi ung sa labas palang kita mo ng maayos.

As far as maintenance is concern i can consider maintenance of vios is dirt cheap compared to other brands out there - tipong 3k fully synthetic na nakalagay na oil sa PMS mo, similar with avanza. You can also refer to the avanza thread for a more accurate information.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    fuel expense alone, i think your vios has the distinct advantage.
    why not ask the taxi drivers themselves? it's what i do.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Tnx for the guidance guys...
    Mas mabigat pla ang avanza compared to vios thats why although they are both of the same displacement of 1.3liters the avanza would have a higher fuel consumption.
    Tnx once again guys.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    There's something missing, get the Vios Base. Price at P592,000. Fit for Taxi in a cheaper way.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    The Vios has better space and interior for me, but the Avanza, is like an FX Taxi you can stow bigger luggage at the back. When I do ride taxis though, mas prefer ko yung Vios for the comfort it provides.

Toyota is one if not the safest bet on repair and maintenance costs. You see them almost everywhere. But be careful with the selection of the taxi driver who handle your investment, because no matter how wise you choose on your car, he will be the one to use it on a daily basis.