New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight23 View Post
    Hello mga ka'tsikot. May I once again for the final time to please give me your outmost advice which of the brands with their respective year models is best wise choice for a 2nd hand purchase. Unit will be used in a daily basis for it will serve as service of my daughter frim school. And sometimes when visiting our parents in manila. We're residing in nueva ecija anyways. Pros & cons. Parts availability/costing. Thanks a lot.
    i live in manila, where parts for practically any other popular car are easy to come by.
    you live in nueva ecija. perhaps you should go around to your car parts stores around there, and see if they carry parts for the cars you are considering buying. if they do not, you might just end up, "luluwas lang po ako nang maynila para bumili ng piyesa..".

as i once advised my friend down south...
    "bat ka bibili ng isuzu? wala namang casa dealer ng isuzu sa prubinsiya nyo.."
    Last edited by dr. d; January 26th, 2016 at 11:56 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Between the 2, di na pinagiisipan yan, I wouldn't even consider the Sentra
    why, po?
    does the car suffer from a distinct "disadvantage" ?
    Last edited by dr. d; January 27th, 2016 at 12:28 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Thanks also dr. d,, actually there is a casa of toyota here also & there are lots of autoshop also here that's selling parts for the particular car. My tips kb mbbigay how to inspect engines of the car if may history na ng oil sludging? Or so, nachechek ba yun? Thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks also dr. d,, actually there is a casa of toyota here also & there are lots of autoshop also here that's selling parts for the particular car. My tips kb mbbigay how to inspect engines of the car if may history na ng oil sludging? Or so, nachechek ba yun? Thanks again.
    Oil splatters where they shouldn’t be. Pop the hood and visually inspect your engine. Any signs of oil or engine sludge on the outside of the vehicle or engine is a sure sign that you have an engine sludge problem inside.

Check the oil pan. If you remove the cap from your oil pan, you can take a flashlight and peer inside your oil pan. A vehicle with a healthy lubricating system will have oil pan walls and parts that, even though they’re covered in oil, still appear metallic and silver. Any engine sludge will change the appearance and hide the metal. And if there’s any sign of sludge in the oil pan, you should be concerned that there’s more sludge in other places.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Ano ba tawag dun sa top cover, un ba ung gasket? Not sure kung kelangan na palitan yan pag tinanggal. Pero masisilip yan ng mga mekaniko. Sa youtube naman dami vids ng mga oil sludged engines. Ideally yang model na yan ng altis di talaga nagbabawas ng oil e. Kung nagbabawas man very small margins lang, negligible kasi within threshold sa dipstick.
    In my experience never ako nag top up ng oil between oil changes.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    Ano ba tawag dun sa top cover, un ba ung gasket? Not sure kung kelangan na palitan yan pag tinanggal. Pero masisilip yan ng mga mekaniko. Sa youtube naman dami vids ng mga oil sludged engines. Ideally yang model na yan ng altis di talaga nagbabawas ng oil e. Kung nagbabawas man very small margins lang, negligible kasi within threshold sa dipstick.
    In my experience never ako nag top up ng oil between oil changes.
    head cover gasket.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    owner here of a 2004 1.6E Altis with 3ZZFE engine. Got it brandnew. Regular maintenance still allows me to use it on long drives without problems even driving it past 160km/h with every chance i get in the expressways northbound. I replaced the valve cover gasket with OEM 6mos earlier as it had seen better days. No sludge issues. My observation with sludge are seen in those who do not do regular oil change on their cars regardless of what brand and also on cars that spend most of their time sitting in traffic that rarely see high rpm action on open highways and on cars used daily on short trips that wont even allow the engine to reach optimum temp..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    You're all very helpful. Thanks a lot.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    One more thing, altis ac? Colder than vios?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    One more thing, altis ac? Colder than vios?
    Not sure, pero nakakagamit ako ng Altis and Vios, in both cars satisfied naman ako sa A/C, ang Toyota lang na nasakyan ko na medyo sablay ang A/C eh yung 1st gen Avanza 1.3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast