New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Hello mga ka'tsikot. May I once again for the final time to please give me your outmost advice which of the brands with their respective year models is best wise choice for a 2nd hand purchase. Unit will be used in a daily basis for it will serve as service of my daughter frim school. And sometimes when visiting our parents in manila. We're residing in nueva ecija anyways. Pros & cons. Parts availability/costing. Thanks a lot.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight23 View Post
    Hello mga ka'tsikot. May I once again for the final time to please give me your outmost advice which of the brands with their respective year models is best wise choice for a 2nd hand purchase. Unit will be used in a daily basis for it will serve as service of my daughter frim school. And sometimes when visiting our parents in manila. We're residing in nueva ecija anyways. Pros & cons. Parts availability/costing. Thanks a lot.
    as per opinion ng seasoned uncle ko (mechanic on weekends, automative instructor in the university on weekdays)
    - marami nabibiktima ng 2nd hand car buyer ng Nissan, dahil mas mura presyo vs 2nd hand car Toyota.
    Pero in the long run, lalo na dahil 2nd hand meron na papalitan mga pyesa. Availability ng parts same lang,
    pero mas malaki mura parin ang Toyota parts sa autosupplies. Kaya mas sulit bumili ng mas mahal na 2nd hand Toyota vs 2nd hand Nissan.
    Baw.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight23 View Post
    sir ung 9.5th gen ng altis hanggang 07' lang. ung 08' 10th gen/face lifted na and I think iba na din ung engine nun.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would still go for the altis. however, be careful in checking the unit and make sure that the engine has no sludge issues.
    go for the E variant.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    E variant for the abs and airbags? As for the J none of these has. But body exterior all power the same sir 1d4Lv?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    For me, If these are the only options, I'll definitely go for Toyota.

But then again, you must define your budget and I suggest to widen your choices. Marami pang iba brand dyan, you may buy parts in Banawe when you visit your relatives so parts cost and availability may be less of an issue. Pag normal change oil lang sa friendly neighborhood gasoline station di na yan nagkakalayo sa cost. You are not planning to Casa maintain it, are you?

I own a Ford lynx before (top of the line with leather seats, sunroof) and maintenance is comparable to other brands if you will buy the parts yourself. You can get the vehicle at a cheaper price with all the bells and whistles. If you settle for Toyota, you will have to settle for the basic one, and probably older. Just my 2 cents

7. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    I'd get the sentra gs if matic and the sgx for manual 08 model. A lot Cheaper than toyota with the same model and use the remaining cash for parts that need to be replaced to put the car in tiptop condition with spare for gas money. Parts availability is almost the same. If there's a difference of 50 to 100k in price that would be really a deal breaker.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Between the 2, di na pinagiisipan yan, I wouldn't even consider the Sentra

9. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    i would also suggest altis. I have 07 now. Previously meron kami exalta mga ganyan modelo din pero not sure kung same engine and platform sa sentra ung exalta.
    for altis, things you should look out for:

AC system, common issue sa altis yan magmula 9th gen.
    engine oil sludge, prone ung design ng altis, i guess. alaga lang sa oil change dapat
    trunk, hindi nakukuha sa isang banat ang pagsara. minor lang naman

everything else is what you would expect sa toyota. quality build, easy/affordable parts, 7-9km/l on city and can go as high as 16km/l sa hiway kung pasensyoso ka.

any questions about altis tanong mo lang I'll help as much as I can.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Pano ko sir malaman if walang naging history ng oil sludging ung unit? Thanks in advance Unmarked. Toyota Altis j/e 05-08 vs Sentra Gx/Gsx 05-08

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast