New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    hmmm... ok yung suggestions nyo on test drives pero its too hard to schedule test drives on second hand cars, both mentally and physically exhausting. based on your personal comments dun nalang ako mag narrow down on my vehicle choice, then test drives examples on that vehicle until i find the most acceptable. So far sa mga nababasa kong comments and reviews mga practical choices lang is mag 01-02 altis and 01-04 lynx ako. yung mga 04 jazz kakaunti ang nagbebenta and ang mahal pa. hindi ata nag dedepreciate ang jazz hehehe.
    That's the biggest problem in finding a secondhand Jazz. But who knows, you may get lucky... if any relative, friend, acquaintance, etcetera is ready to let go of theirs, you might get a good price.

Ako? May dalawa na akong hinihintay... I've been looking for a secondhand Jazz since it first came out.

If you get a Lynx, get the newest one possible. If you get a 98-00 Lynx, ask the owner, in all honesty, if they've replaced the cam position sensor. If they have, good. If not, it'll cost you an extra 3,500 to replace (no big deal).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My boss got hers from Tarlac... 490K (this was last year).

Honda Kalookan advertised a Jazz CVT last sunday; 450K. Most i see on the classifieds are the m/t versions.

The Jazz CVT just refuses to depreciate much... blame it on the escalating fuel prices and the Petron XtraMile challenge.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    sir niky,
    actually a friend is contemplating on selling his 1.8g 2002 altis and im tempted, kaso hindi pa siya sure kaya im still trying to convince him hehehe. I saw your lynx on ebay pala. sayang bakit mo bebenta? if only it were automatic hehehe.

bro vinj,
    hirap maghanap ng car talaga, I guess out of the question na ang jazz because of the very high resale niya. I was thinking na kung mag altis ako mas mura ng konti and i can get the savings pang fuel sa car hahaha.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 1.8G is an excellent car. Not the most fuel efficient you can get secondhand, but it's got good pep and good luxury. Stable suspension, if a bit soft, excellent body control.

Where on ebay did you see my auto? ebay.com or ebay.com.ph? Send me the link so I can report it... fradulent sale yan, ha!

EDIT: Ah... he just linked to my cardomain... baka totoong sale yun, wala lang siyang ibang pics... pero that's not my car. Kung puro gasgas, sa akin yun... :hysterical: ...still, sending an e-mail.
    Last edited by niky; February 21st, 2008 at 03:00 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    I just read this thread today. Interestingly enough i went thru the same situation a month back. Was looking for a 2nd hand car for the wife and i ended up test driving my 3 choices ( 1.6 G altis, 1.8G Altis, and a idsi CVT Jazz).

Some personal comments:
    I owned a manual 2002 altis and sold it a month back to buy d wife a matic.

1.6 G ( found a 420K '02' model ) - always found the altis reliable, slightly Toyota Stiff nga lang suspension. Also, found d 1.6 a bit underpowered

1.8 G ( found a 02 model for 440 K) - nice in and out and power was OK. Medyo malakas lang sa gas

Well...end of story i bought a Jazz. Both my wife and I love IT!!!! Its a Red 05 Jazz iDsi CVT(14 T KM tinakbo). What a nice little car, speedy on the offtake, nice to handle, ROOOOMMMY interior. Bonus na lng yung upgrades nong first owner (rear/side skirts , 07 look upgardes - front extended bumper, smoked tail lights, 15" Honda mags, Spoon Carbon fiber spoiler, etc,etc,etc)

Parang ayaw ko na nga pagamit kay misis eh, he,he. Cant go worng with a Jazz as they said!

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    To Baludoy. I had an Altis for 5 years and don't be surprised kasi medwo mabigat ng konti manibela nya. Noticed that the Jazz was required a little less effort so my wife found it more convenient. Either way the Altis and the Jazz are two exceptional vehicles....not perfect...but definitely two thumbs up for me. Good luck na lang sir...happy hunting!!!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dagdag lang. the ride of the jazz is bouncy. when i installed espelir lowering springs (goodbye warranty), for some reason, the ride was 10x better!
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    sir niky,
    nagulat nga ako na yung link niya is directed at your cardomain. kala ko binebenta mo na nga lynx mo hehehe, but still dapat nga malaman nung seller na he cant just use other people's pics to sell his wares. it creates confusion hehehe.

Rej248,
    you just made my life a little harder hahaha, how much did you get the jazz? buti naka chamba ka, i hardly see any jazz sa ads and kung meron man its always manual and super expensive pa. sayang lang kasi pang practice car lang ng wife (bump car hehehe). maybe I'll settle for the lynx nalang para hindi masakit sa bulsa since mas mura purchasing costs

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I bought my 2nd hand Jazz early last year. It took me more than 6 months to find a right jazz for me. I was picky at the color and price. Resale value of the Jazz is very high especially if you try to buy it in those 2nd hand car lots. Always check the sunday classified of Manila bulletin for the best price. YOu can also check out all the club forums like honda club. Plus check online classfieds and magazines like buy and sell.
    Fuel consumption is just excellent even with 17" rims i have on it right now. Ride is a bit stiffer than the Corolla but its easier to drive and park.

OT- Baludoy i am selling my Old Jazz Mugen sport kit if your interested. :-)

magastos lang yung pangpapogi ng jazz, parnag gusto mo palit ng palit. hehe

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    OT- Baludoy i am selling my Old Jazz Mugen sport kit if your interested. :-)

magastos lang yung pangpapogi ng jazz, parnag gusto mo palit ng palit. hehe
    iyan na nga sinasabi ko, lapitin talaga ako ng tukso as much as i'd like to, my ek needs a fresh coat of paint that's why i guess i'd have to pass on that

btw, ano ba itsura ng mugen sport kit mo? iyon ba iyong ang spoiler may wings sa tabi? ano ang terno niyong front and rear chins/dams? anong kulay bro?

* rej248: i think you mistook me for the threadstarter
    Last edited by baludoy; February 23rd, 2008 at 08:19 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Toyota Altis 1.8g, 1.6g or Honda Jazz??