New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Hey no Rollies, he was looking at an Omega. 😁

Totally forgot about the blue dial. That is also a beauty. Have you tried one on? Might make you change your mind on the car. The 8500 movements are thick though, and make the watch heavy.
    I sure have! I had a BR123 planned for up next, but am now re-evaluating if I should just save up longer and go for the blue teak dial Aqua Terra. Never has a piece captivated me as much as this one.

And yes, no Rolex please. I appreciate their quality, and heritage --- but they're just not for me.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    That "Toyota is the most reliable" isn't an urban legend or an unsubstantiated myth..

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2

1 Best Cars to Get to 2, Miles and Beyond - Consumer Reports

Consumer Reports announces most, least reliable cars - with plenty of surprises - ExtremeTech

That said, Subaru isn't bad. It is one of the very few cars (in the US) that's worth buying new - because used prices are so high it makes no sense to buy used.

Now I might seem like I'm dissing Mazda. But I still own two. And I'll probably get another one at some point. I am "used" to the level of maintenance that Mazda's need.
    I know, and I believe you. My family has only ever owned Toyotas, we still have a 20yr old in our garage. Fantastic vehicle that I alwasy enjoy driving whenever I am home.

But that's also the point I don't want a Toyota (if I can help it). I want to try the other fish in the sea, if ya know what I mean :D

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    Better if we have specific facts shared here instead of generalizing statements.

My 2012 V6 CX9 has not been repaired or any part replaced, only normal PMS and oil/filter changes. My only gripe is its fuel consumption. But hearing the sweet V6 tone in the highway when revved hard is quite rewarding already.

My wife prefers it over our Euro car.
    The CX9 is a beaut, but it is out of my budget. CX5, maybe. I agree its best to have specific facts, but I wasn't in the position to get more out of that particular story. I was simply just going with the fact that many people do highlight the slightly more "needy" status of Mazdas when it comes to maintenance.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Well, rumors are the excise tax is coming in January next year so you can still wait for the new forester.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Altwegg View Post
    I sure have! I had a BR123 planned for up next, but am now re-evaluating if I should just save up longer and go for the blue teak dial Aqua Terra. Never has a piece captivated me as much as this one.

And yes, no Rolex please. I appreciate their quality, and heritage --- but they're just not for me.
    You don't find it heavy? 8500 is beautiful but it is a really fat movement. And the see through caseback also adds to the thickness.

I'd get this old Railmaster instead of a BR123:

Good examples are very hard to find now though.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Well, rumors are the excise tax is coming in January next year so you can still wait for the new forester.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk
    This is great news. Thanks

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    You don't find it heavy? 8500 is beautiful but it is a really fat movement. And the see through caseback also adds to the thickness.

I'd get this old Railmaster instead of a BR123:

Good examples are very hard to find now though.
    I didn't find it heavy. I thought it was comparable to my Tag F1 auto. Maybe my mind will change if I had it on for a day.

I haven't seen any Railmasters around these parts. Are they priced along the same lines of a BR123?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Altwegg View Post
    I didn't find it heavy. I thought it was comparable to my Tag F1 auto. Maybe my mind will change if I had it on for a day.

I haven't seen any Railmasters around these parts. Are they priced along the same lines of a BR123?
    The 41.5 mm ATs are well proportioned, maybe that's why it feels good on the wrist despite the weight.

The regular Railmasters have been discontinued, I think. The only ones that show up in shops is the XXL and chronograph. The old ones had an srp of $3,150.

The only chance to score on is on the second hand market. I've been looking for a good example in 2nd hand stores in Japan, but no luck. ☹

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    meron new railmaster special edition(part of the trinity pack?). it doesnt have that nice dial though. havent seen that picture before. it looks like the explorer 😇

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    meron new railmaster special edition(part of the trinity pack?). it doesnt have that nice dial though. havent seen that picture before. it looks like the explorer 😇

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Di na talaga ako updated. Well, I don't have the money to buy anyway. 😅

Are they the ones with the fake yellowed Tritium lume look? The original looks better IMHO.

Yeah it does look like the Explorer 1. 😊

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast