New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Altwegg View Post
    Can you elaborate? When I mentioned Mazda horror stories, one of those was from a relatively new CX9. I initially chalked it up to poor maintenance.
    What horror story is it, then?

I know a few V6 CX9 owners... the only complaint, really, is that it drinks gas like an Expedition.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    What horror story is it, then?

I know a few V6 CX9 owners... the only complaint, really, is that it drinks gas like an Expedition.
    I didn't push for more info, but it was something around the suspension requiring major repairs after just a couple of years.

The other horror story is of a Mazda coming back to its owner with missing parts, and the casa refusing to take responsibility for it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I didn't push for more info, but it was something around the suspension requiring major repairs after just a couple of years.

The other horror story is of a Mazda coming back to its owner with missing parts, and the casa refusing to take responsibility for it.
    the newer cx9 is just released also. you're talking about older mazdas

suspension parts do need replacements. wear and tear stuff

not sure if youre from the americas.. theres a webpage about car complaints... have a look if youre weary about certain models...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004

It pays to know the context.

I've never had a car that DIDN'T need suspension repairs after a couple of years. But then, we do around 20,000 kms a year.

Big, heavy cars will need more repairs.

Modern crossovers like the CX-9 and Explorer have sophisticated multi-link rear suspensions. Not like the big, clunky leaf-spring live-axles of old trucks.

Of course they're not going to be as "indestructible."

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006

3) A close second is the Subaru Forester
    Subaru seem to make the Foresters quite robust to last a few years. You can see a number of SH (2008-2013) Foresters still being used by owners and even the older SF (1997-2002) and SG (2002-2008) Foresters, despite their numbers are way below compared to a CRV, RAV4, or Xtrail.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Subaru seem to make the Foresters quite robust to last a few years. You can see a number of SH (2008-2013) Foresters still being used by owners and even the older SF (1997-2002) and SG (2002-2008) Foresters, despite their numbers are way below compared to a CRV, RAV4, or Xtrail.
    I love the Foresters. The family still has an 07, and as long as you take care of it, it will take care of you. It is a joy to drive, and IMO is a very practical choice.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On Toyota as a brand, I used to not like em as i found them boring. Our family garage back in the day had Nissans, a Mitsu, some Fords and a BMW. But as grew older, started owning the cars (and selling them later on), maintaining the cars, and working at the same time, Toyotas are really hard to discount on your list once you list down priorities for a long term ownership, daily driver.

If there is anything this thread has taught me:

4) Perhaps buying a new car just isn't worth it (from both a practical and emotional standpoint). Mas makakatipid pa ako kung bumili na lang ako ng Seamaster Aqua Terra :P
    I had the same thoughts when i was adding up the costs for a trip
    Last edited by vinj; April 25th, 2017 at 06:27 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    228239 or the 118239 😁

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Hey no Rollies, he was looking at an Omega. 😁

Close! Looking at

and

Totally forgot about the blue dial. That is also a beauty. Have you tried one on? Might make you change your mind on the car. The 8500 movements are thick though, and make the watch heavy.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009

Better if we have specific facts shared here instead of generalizing statements.

My 2012 V6 CX9 has not been repaired or any part replaced, only normal PMS and oil/filter changes. My only gripe is its fuel consumption. But hearing the sweet V6 tone in the highway when revved hard is quite rewarding already.

My wife prefers it over our Euro car.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    That "Toyota is the most reliable" isn't an urban legend or an unsubstantiated myth..

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2

1 Best Cars to Get to 2, Miles and Beyond - Consumer Reports

Consumer Reports announces most, least reliable cars - with plenty of surprises - ExtremeTech

That said, Subaru isn't bad. It is one of the very few cars (in the US) that's worth buying new - because used prices are so high it makes no sense to buy used.

Now I might seem like I'm dissing Mazda. But I still own two. And I'll probably get another one at some point. I am "used" to the level of maintenance that Mazda's need.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast