New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my question to you is, what will the vehicle be iin between those visits of yours?
    if no one will take care of it, my suggestion is not to buy a car. instead, hire your vehicle of choice whenever you come home. that way, you will not be encumbered with the travails of registration and insurance, maintenance and repair, on a car that you will seldom use.
    Good question, and wise advice. I plan to have my dad use this as well since he drives a 16 year old car and has no plans of replacing it soon. Maintenance, well --- a new excuse to visit Manila more often

I've also never had the chance to buy my own car, so there's that too.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    15 years is a very long time. ditch your choices and get a Toyota.
    I've only ever had Toyotas in my stable (3 corollas, Prado (still with us, turning 20 this year), Tamaraw, Rav4). I figure it is time for a change.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    The husband makes the decision.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Naku, kapag may issue ssasabihin ni wife, yan kasi! d

Dinala namin sa pustahan. TOTL Eve vs 2.0L Explorer(my choice). That was 2015. My wife is also familiar with cars and she insists there is no Mazda 3 hatch. "Kung may nakita kang hatch, kuhanin natin yang Explorer."

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post

Dinala namin sa pustahan. TOTL Eve vs 2.0L Explorer(my choice). That was 2015. My wife is also familiar with cars and she insists there is no Mazda 3 hatch. "Kung may nakita kang hatch, kuhanin natin yang Explorer."
    Pwede ito ah :D

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *Altwegg - I guess it is best to find a common ground with your wife, a choice you will be both be happy with. Ask yourself what you want with a Mazda6 or Levorg wagon and ask your wife what she wants with a Forester or Tucson. If you can find a vehicle that answers all your requirements, then go for it.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    agree... T badge for long term ownership.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    grabe maghihiwalay dahil lang sa kotse.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I think your case is not between the choice of the wife or the husband but for practicality at madaling i-maintain.

Your options can only carry 4 adults, 5 kung maliliit. For you, the wife and the kids. Sometimes, kung mamamasyal gusto din sumama si tatay or a relative. Since dad may be taking care of it, mas mainam yung alam nyang pagpipindutin ang mga buttons.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post

Dapat walang sumbatan. My Mom is happy letting my Dad make all the decisions, tama naman, hayaan niya tatay ko mamrublema

I agree that if it will be kept for over 10 years, get a Toyota. I had my big body for 18 years (more than half of my life!) and it didn't give me any major headaches (power steering lang :P) My Tita has a fortuner that is turning 10 soon (it's a Z plate), matagal ko na pinipilit ibenta sakin pero ayaw kasi wala siya problema e

10. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    +1 on this one.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast