New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by butch08 View Post
    How bout isuzu D-MAX? or toyota Hilux? I guess they are better options for truck.
    whats your "truck"?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    eto din ang pinagpipilian namin...
    pero ung 4x4...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    [QUOTE=dr. d;
    but how reliable is your mechanic, as an "authoritative information source" ?[/QUOTE]

Actual owners themselves who owns "Ford" ranger could be "authoritative information source" of issues experienced after 3rd year of ownership. I just happen to ask my mechanic's opinion about the ranger. And it so happen after posting this thread when I started asking some repair shops and somehow in agreement that if given the choice they will not pick the ranger. No offense though (especially ranger owners) big plus on the macho look, but....?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevz321 View Post
    Actual owners themselves who owns "Ford" ranger could be "authoritative information source" of issues experienced after 3rd year of ownership. I just happen to ask my mechanic's opinion about the ranger. And it so happen after posting this thread when I started asking some repair shops and somehow in agreement that if given the choice they will not pick the ranger. No offense though (especially ranger owners) big plus on the macho look, but....?
    14 Ranger owner here... no problems... proven workhorse... bogbog sarado sakin.. now at 100k kms. Still runs like new...

I have a club mate... 200k 250k 280k kms. Na ranger nya... wala naman naging problema...

Wag ka maniwala sa mechanico sa kanto...
    Parang mga barbero lang yan... puro kwento pero no actual or little experience sa Ford..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    I am more of comfort and style, both have the macho look. Di naman gagamitin to carry heavy loads. May CUV na kasi ako and this will be my third car. Kaya ko lang gusto ang truck for peace of mind when travelling especially sa mga unexpected road conditions and flood na passable lang kung truck ang gamit. Concern ko rin kasi ang cost ng maintenance.
    If thats the case unexpected rd. Condition lang... Get a 4x4 SUV

Kung hindi naman mabigat ikakarga mo better
    Mag SUV ka nalang... what you can load sa navarra you can load sa SUV... just fold all seats...

SUV will give you way better comfort than any Pickup in the market...

Cost of maintenance...

Others offer every 5k kms. Pms schedule

If you want cheap maintenance.... wag ka mag casa...
    Lahat yan pag sa casa mahal maintenance....

Or better....ask your s.a. To give you Computation on your total PMS for 3 years...

Afaik sa Eve. And ranger nasa 63k for 3 years... naka post kasi sa office nila yun..

Pa compute ka sa Nissan and other brands...
    Last edited by glenn manikis; November 7th, 2017 at 04:33 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I ordered a white one and just waiting to arrive in December and sabi nila 2018 model na Euro6 compliant.
    I just learned some new information today about the 2018 Euro6 engine upgrade of the NP300.
    - if not the current 2.5L single turbo, you will probably get the 2.3L Bi-turbo,
    190BHP/450NM
    - it may use the Siemens SID 310 ECU instead of the traditional DENSO.
    German engine control management are famous for their considerable low
    noise figures ie, less diesel clatter.
    - increased fuel economy
    - however, another 17L tank is added for the so called ADblue. an additive to add every 11500km for Nox control. of course this will be extra cost on top of diesel, the lub oil, coolant, etc... and will probably be available only at the dealer!

check with your agent if indeed it's got ADblue for EURO6 compliance.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by godwhacker View Post
    I just learned some new information today about the 2018 Euro6 engine upgrade of the NP300.
    - if not the current 2.5L single turbo, you will probably get the 2.3L Bi-turbo,
    190BHP/450NM
    - it may use the Siemens SID 310 ECU instead of the traditional DENSO.
    German engine control management are famous for their considerable low
    noise figures ie, less diesel clatter.
    - increased fuel economy
    - however, another 17L tank is added for the so called ADblue. an additive to add every 11500km for Nox control. of course this will be extra cost on top of diesel, the lub oil, coolant, etc... and will probably be available only at the dealer!

check with your agent if indeed it's got ADblue for EURO6 compliance.
    our euro4 fuels will foul up the injectors and it's nor compatible in the first place..

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    our euro4 fuels will foul up the injectors and it's nor compatible in the first place..

this is one thing i also had in mind. why offer a product when specs are far too advanced than our available fuel? unless nissan can guarantee it will still work and backward compatible with existing fuel from our pumps, then i would be a little skeptical in buying it.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Navara N P500 ba ang practical choice

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventoy View Post
    Navara N P500 ba ang practical choice

NP 300 pala

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123