New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Having driven all three... the Mirage, is, hands down, the fastest with two on board.
    But the CVT doesn't "feel" faster compared to a Vios 1.3AT. Or I wasn't looking at the speedo that much A CVT feature perhaps?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Having driven all three... the Mirage, is, hands down, the fastest with two on board. With four... well... the Vios will still be much, much heavier... so there's not really much in it, there.

MT to MT, the Mirage G4 is fastest, followed by the Dzire, followed (closely) by the Rio (it's heavy, but the first three gears are very short) followed by the Vios.

On paper power specs are suggestive, but you won't know what a car will really do until you test it.
    I guess the Mirage G4 would be the 1st choice then, since it has the best power to weight ratio and offers dual airbags on all models (+ ABS on the top trim).
    The only thing left is to see if the buyer need the extra width of the Vios. The Mirage G4 feels a bit narrower inside, probably because it's basically an A-segment car (Mirage) stretched to become a B-segment fighter.

*Niky in terms of pulling its own weight + some passengers, how much better is the Rio? For me one of the cons of the Rio 1.2 is they deleted the airbags on local spec models.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    But the CVT doesn't "feel" faster compared to a Vios 1.3AT. Or I wasn't looking at the speedo that much A CVT feature perhaps?
    That was comparing MT to MT.

We didn't do the 1.3 AT this year. For all I know, it could be faster than the Mirage CVT.

But typically, CVTs don't "feel" fast. The acceleration is too smooth. But they do the time. If it feels too slow to respond, put it in "B", which is engine-brake mode. Over 30-40 km/h, it doesn't go below 3k rpm when you let off the gas... so it's more responsive.

-

The Rio 1.2 feels very powerful, very punchy. The engine has a good torque curve and the gearing is very short. It felt strong when I last used it to haul three passengers plus airport luggage.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Having driven all three... the Mirage, is, hands down, the fastest with two on board. With four... well... the Vios will still be much, much heavier... so there's not really much in it, there.

MT to MT, the Mirage G4 is fastest, followed by the Dzire, followed (closely) by the Rio (it's heavy, but the first three gears are very short) followed by the Vios.

On paper power specs are suggestive, but you won't know what a car will really do until you test it.
    Quite true Niky. I drove my brothers Mirage 1.2 CVT GLX Hatch and it blew me away. It was fun since the CVT has no ratio gaps unlike a regular auto transmission - – especially ones with just four gears – slur and hunt to the detriment of driveability and refinement, but the CVT also allows the Mirage’s engine to spin at just 2800rpm at 120km/h. Driving in traffic was a breeze as well with its light steering and is frugal on the gas pumps.
    Based on specs, the Mirage Hatch version has the lowest power to weight ratio explaining the quick acceleration.

SPECS Comparo

Hatchbacks Mirage HB Dzire Rio Mirage G4 i10
    Cash Price 498,000 568,000 608,000 718,000 488,000
    Engine Size 1193 1197 1248 1193 1086
    Engine Type DOHC DOHC DOHC DOHC SOHC
    Power PS 78 86 87 78 69
    Power RPM 6000 6000 6000 6000 5500
    Torque Nm 100 114 122 100 101
    Torque RPM 4000 4000 4000 4000 4500
    Curb Wgt Kgs 820 960 1112 900 880
    Power To Wgt 10.51 11.16 12.78 11.54 12.75

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Looks wise, kamukha ng g4 yung previous Vios noh? Ehehe

I am the highway...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    may promo na christmas holidaze. g4 for 20k cash discount + 20k bpi gift card. ewan ko kung kaya pa babaan. my friend bought his montero this month. 70k + ipad mini nakalagay sa promo pero naging 75k pa ang discount nya + ipad mini
    i wonder.. does this include the lto, tpl & compre? i asked two SA's, and i got 2 different answers...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    sa tingin ko mas malaki ang body ng kia rio sa mga options kaya siguro medyo mabigat... no offense to G4 owners pero yung design nya parang madaling maging outdated eh...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i wonder.. does this include the lto, tpl & compre? i asked two SA's, and i got 2 different answers...
    LTO included. tpl and insurance not included.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Budget View Post
    Bro, sirs, car owners/enthusiast and da likes. As my name implies, I'm honestly on a tight budget. but taking all into consideration, I can sustain and afford one of the above mention autos.

just go ahead and correct if I am wrong

obvious overall bet would be the Vios?
    cheapest I presume is G4?
    how bout best in terms of FC?

naka dial up lang internet connection ko, tipid mode kc. hehehehehehe.

thanks in advance.
    may dial up pa pala ngayon?

Sa palagay ko in the long run mas makakatipid ka sa Vios dahil bukod sa toyota, ilan taon nang meron vios at maraming nabenta so spare parts will not be your problem.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    sirs need your feedback, good or bad deal. do I need to haggle pa or anything?
    quotation from Laguna showroom. in-house financing ito, ill try to have a bank quotation for comparison. thanks (=

Mirage G4 GLX MT:

unit price is 578, 000
    5 years scheme with 30% DP of 173,400
    Amount to be financed 404, 600
    Monthly Amort of 10, 024

Insurance Premium: Free
    LTO registration: 7500
    CM: 17236
    Discount: 10, 000
    Holiday Promo: 10, 000

freebies: rust proofing, tint, seat cover, EWD, Care care kit

TOTAL DP: 173, 400

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
TIPID MODE-KiaRio 1.2 Manual vs MitsubishiMirage G4 base Manual vs Vios 1.3 J variant