New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Be careful with SAs promising 40T discount with Mirage G4. AFAIK, the promo period is up to Oct 31 only.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Be careful with SAs promising 40T discount with Mirage G4. AFAIK, the promo period is up to Oct 31 only.
    may promo na christmas holidaze. g4 for 20k cash discount + 20k bpi gift card. ewan ko kung kaya pa babaan. my friend bought his montero this month. 70k + ipad mini nakalagay sa promo pero naging 75k pa ang discount nya + ipad mini

3. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    may promo na christmas holidaze. g4 for 20k cash discount + 20k bpi gift card. ewan ko kung kaya pa babaan. my friend bought his montero this month. 70k + ipad mini nakalagay sa promo pero naging 75k pa ang discount nya + ipad mini
    in house financing po ba?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020E using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    badtrip nga mga sir, may nag aangat ng landline, hehe.
    never an issue nman sakin if may mkatapat akong taxi na mirror image ng auto ko or lumaki biceps ng mga sakay ko para ibaba windows.
    unit cost, maintenance cost/availability, FC lng tlga major concerns.
    saka preferably wag compact, para kcng mr, bean naiicp ko lgi.
    so far G4 ang promising, kaso bago pa, bka may hidden tokatok tulad ng hyun-die accent o ala expedition FC ng rio HB. hehe.
    Vios J, kaso 100k din almost msave ko.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    how about the suzuki swift dzire? you might want to check it out too, although i havent read anything about, it but its suzuki so its worth checking out, not to mention its older brother the swift has really good reviews

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if you are on a budget, i suggest you consider a used car instead of a new car.
    the cheapest in your list is the g4. but in case you need to sell it, the vios will probably command a higher resale value because of its popularity..
    fuel-wise, the g4 seems to be the miser. but it's still a new model, and only time will tell if it really is the fuel miser we believe it to be..

talking from experience, your projected costs of owning and using a new car are probably less than the actual. there are many hidden costs to car ownership..
    Between your three choices, the ones that offer the better power to weight ratio would be the G4 1.2 and Vios 1.3J.
    There are times, when smaller is not always better for fuel efficiency, specially if the body of the car is heavy.

Mirage G4 1.2 MT
    Power: 78PS
    Torque: 100Nm
    Weight: 870kg

Vios 1.3J MT
    Power: 86PS
    Torque: 122Nm
    Weight: 1025kg (est)

Rio 1.2 sedan MT
    Power: 87PS
    Torque: 120Nm
    Weight: 1161kg (est)

The Rio 1.2 sedan is quite heavy for a 1.2 liter car and unlike the other two cars, the Rio 1.2 does not offer modern safety features like airbags.

The car with less torque and poorer power to weight ratio will most likely be more sensitive to load changes. For example, if you have 4-5 passengers on board (specially if you are going uphill), the drop in performance and fuel efficiency could be greater than that of a car with a better power to weight ratio.
    Last edited by AG4; November 18th, 2013 at 01:09 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bokista View Post
    in house financing po ba?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020E using Tapatalk
    cash po sir

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Between your three choices, the ones that offer the better power to weight ratio would be the G4 1.2 and Vios 1.3J.
    There are times, when smaller is not always better for fuel efficiency, specially if the body of the car is heavy.

Mirage G4 1.2 MT
    Power: 78PS
    Torque: 100Nm
    Weight: 870kg

Vios 1.3J MT
    Power: 86PS
    Torque: 122Nm
    Weight: 1025kg (est)

Rio 1.2 sedan MT
    Power: 87PS
    Torque: 120Nm
    Weight: 1161kg (est)

The Rio 1.2 sedan is quite heavy for a 1.2 liter car and unlike the other two cars, the Rio 1.2 does not offer modern safety features like airbags.

The car with less torque and poorer power to weight ratio will most likely be more sensitive to load changes. For example, if you have 4-5 passengers on board (specially if you are going uphill), the drop in performance and fuel efficiency could be greater than that of a car with a better power to weight ratio.
    this is true

heres a done computation so itll be easier to see

G4: 11.1kg/PS, 8.7kg/Nm
    Vios: (its 1075 curb weight) 12.5kg/PS, 8.8kg/Nm
    Rio: 13.3kg/PS, 9.6kg/Nm

and the Swift Dzire that i mentioned, i just checked it for an additional comparison sake but IMHO i dont like the way it looks, but engine wise., i kinda lean on a DOHC VVT than a 3 cylinder, dont know about the dzire FC though, does anyone know?

Dzire: 11.1kg/PS, 8.4kg/Nm
    86HP
    114Nm
    960 curb weight

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch View Post
    this is true

heres a done computation so itll be easier to see

G4: 11.1kg/PS, 8.7kg/Nm
    Vios: (its 1075 curb weight) 12.5kg/PS, 8.8kg/Nm
    Rio: 13.3kg/PS, 9.6kg/Nm
    1075kg is for the Vios 1.5 S AT (not sold here), 1060kg is for the Vios 1.5G AT.
    According to Toyota's Chinese website, the base 1.3 Vios weighs 1025kg, about the same as the Vios 1.5J MT sold in Thailand (where all Vios models have a 1.5).

Did I just miss it or is the full specifications list (section) no longer included in the (new-look) local website of Toyota.
    Last edited by AG4; November 18th, 2013 at 04:27 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Having driven all three... the Mirage, is, hands down, the fastest with two on board. With four... well... the Vios will still be much, much heavier... so there's not really much in it, there.

MT to MT, the Mirage G4 is fastest, followed by the Dzire, followed (closely) by the Rio (it's heavy, but the first three gears are very short) followed by the Vios.

On paper power specs are suggestive, but you won't know what a car will really do until you test it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
TIPID MODE-KiaRio 1.2 Manual vs MitsubishiMirage G4 base Manual vs Vios 1.3 J variant