New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Wala lang, sobrang sulit kasi ng mga Expedition because of their low resale value. Pwede naman ipa LPG eh. Very comfy sobra and of course repetado sa daan. Anti-kotong! Takot mga traffic enforcers pag naka Expedition ka baka kasi big time nasa loob mahirap na...
    Even with LPG you still get anywhere between 2 to 5 km/L city driving.

A Toyota Vios 1.5L would probably get five time more distance on the same amount of fuel.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    now would not be a good time to buy petrol SUVs, in my opinion.

pero dagdag ka ng 100K or so over the trade in/resell value of your car and you'll get a nice RAV4, 05-06 strada, or 1st and 2nd gen CRV

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Escape and CRV are both very thirsty cars. But the Escape is very durable and quite capable off road as compared to the CRV. If you're into pickups, what about the 2nd generation Ford Ranger Turbo Intercooler? This one packs a punch (117hp/280Nm) and is very durable and capable off road, not to mention that it runs on cheaper diesel and is not a pain to maintain unlike CRDi's. And the car itself is quite cheap too.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Dagdag ka ng konti for a Hyundai Tucson CRDi (2005-2009) or a Fist gen Ford Everest.

Dude, it's not the right time to buy a gas powered SUV

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    ^ First gen Everest is a good recommendation. Low resale value, solid engine. Just get the M/T version and you're good to go. The A/T is good too, a bit of a diesel guzzler though. Girlfriend's family has one, 200,000++ and counting, still no headaches or major repairs done.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    sa civic ka nalang bro hehehe pogi pa naman ng civic sir body yan diba? iba sa binata ang naka kotse pero ako gusto ko din yung mga malalaki na hehehe btw 17years old palang ako hehehe pero gusto ko na ung hilux namin inaantay ko lang hehehe

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Maganda ang performance ng Civic VTi. Siguro malaki ang paninibago kapag kumuha ka ng malaki. Especially since your budget allows for old school diesels only (unless you get the Hyundai Matrix). The 1st gen. Everest is nice, but it is slightly less powerful than its Ranger counterpart and also heavier. How much are you willing to add to the selling price of your Civic? Because I don't think there are Everests selling for 300-400k.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    i really don't think na makakapag-add ako sa selling price ng civic ko, mahirap kasi buhay ngayon mahina business siguro i'll stick with my civic muna in the mean time kapag may trabaho nako dun ko nalang papalitan.

thanks sa replies!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thinking of trading my 2000 Civic VTi to a SUV. Suggestions?