New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    Thanks Sir Testament. Now im more convinced on replacing my FX with a Pajero. God will, early next year hope I can find the best condition Paj that suits my budget!

Thanks everyone!
    iba talaga pag dream car. kahit masakit sa bulsa basta masaya ka evertime you're behind the wheel then it's worth it.

what bothers me is the age gap, that's 7-9 years. actually i haven't seen a gen1 in good condition. marami na bulutong and body repair lagi nakikita ko. once palang ako nakakita ng gen1 na good condition, limo body siya. 7 doors ata yun. coolness. haha!

as for flood fording, kaya rin naman ng fx yan. pag nilusong mo pareho yan sa baha malamang may masisirang pyesa talaga. mas mataas lang ng onti ang floor ng pajero so less risk mabasa at bumaho carpet.

BTW, gen1 uses 4D55 right? wala lang. hehe

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sir nori,

Yeah you're right Sir, the age gap is really big. Though as you've mentioned, many of the Pajero of that age looks pretty torn and rough already, I guess it goes with the FX too! I myself have witnessed FX's with a body almost falling down, sometimes I wonder what kind of maintenance their owners apply to them. I guess it boils down on good and religious maintenance, regardless of age (though it may be expensive on old vehicles), but its just the same, I guess. Yeah, the FX can also ford flood, but it is very limited compared with a Pajero. Besides, my FX is gas fed, plus the alternator is installed somewhat on the lower side which is prone to be soaked during flood fording. Don't get me wrong, I love my FX, its just that I want my family to be in a more safer vehicle in times of difficult situation. Plus, I think the Pajero's underpinnings is more durable than that of my FX. Also it comes with 4WD capability.

Tsikoteers, 1 more question. Is it OK if I go for Subic / Cagayan Pajero's? I know horror stories of Subic purchased vehicles, I myself have owned a Delica and I guess I am one of the lucky ones. To those owners of Subic Pajero's, is it worth it? Does the LTO threat of Non renewal to Subic made vehicle still possible? Hoping for your inputs, Sir, as I might also consider them.

Thanks again!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Sir nori,

Yeah you're right Sir, the age gap is really big. Though as you've mentioned, many of the Pajero of that age looks pretty torn and rough already, I guess it goes with the FX too! I myself have witnessed FX's with a body almost falling down, sometimes I wonder what kind of maintenance their owners apply to them. I guess it boils down on good and religious maintenance, regardless of age (though it may be expensive on old vehicles), but its just the same, I guess. Yeah, the FX can also ford flood, but it is very limited compared with a Pajero. Besides, my FX is gas fed, plus the alternator is installed somewhat on the lower side which is prone to be soaked during flood fording. Don't get me wrong, I love my FX, its just that I want my family to be in a more safer vehicle in times of difficult situation. Plus, I think the Pajero's underpinnings is more durable than that of my FX. Also it comes with 4WD capability.

Tsikoteers, 1 more question. Is it OK if I go for Subic / Cagayan Pajero's? I know horror stories of Subic purchased vehicles, I myself have owned a Delica and I guess I am one of the lucky ones. To those owners of Subic Pajero's, is it worth it? Does the LTO threat of Non renewal to Subic made vehicle still possible? Hoping for your inputs, Sir, as I might also consider them.

Thanks again!
    the way i use the vehicle (fx) wala akong use for 4WD. only forded 12 inches of flood once in my lifetime. ayoko na umulit, nasira yung aftermarket horn eh. baka yung alternator na malunod after. hahaha!

given that the fx is an AUV, mas tinipid yung assembly nito compared sa mga SUV na mas matibay since its an off road capable vehicle. better underpinnings, better underchassis design etc etc.

my dream car is the revo really, so no brainer the younger tamaraw is better in all aspects - except visibility. =D

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Yeah, a diesel Revo is very very good!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007

Thanks again!
    Ok, I have both, the local Fieldmaster and the Cagayan counterpart. Experience with the import one is that doon ako talagang natuto mag mekaniko ng sasakyan. It may be a bit hard pero unti-unti, natutunan ko siyang ayusin. Pero nung nabili namin siya 5 years ago, it was very well maintained naman. Mga pang ilalim lang ang pinalitan ko. Body is still ok hanggang ngayon pero may signs of aging na rin. Currently may leak siya sa may transfer case pero due for repairs na ngayong darating na bakasyon. With regards sa registration, wala naman problema sa registration yan tsaka !*#$% with LTO pag tinuloy nila yun sinasabi mong non-renewal. Eh di nawalan sila ng kita pag ginawa nila yan. Pero ang advice ko kung mga ganyang klase ng Pajero kukunin mo, be meticulous in every detail ng sasakyan. Test drive mo nang mabuti at pakiramdaman.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sir Testament,

Thank you for sharing your experience on your Pajero. Eto yung talagang kelangan ko, right from the owner himself. I actually considered the Imported Gen 1 Paj due to available amenity/ies (such as rear A/C) not found on local ones. Thank you Sir and I'll check them very carefully.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Tamaraw FX GL Gas 97 Vs Pajero Box type local 88 to 90