New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Celerio is better than S-Presso I think celerio ground clearance is better than S-Presso
    my vote is for Celerio

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007

Saw one yesterday. Looks good! I totally forgot to take a picture of the 488 Pista and new Defender in the same parking coz I was thinking of this S-Presso thread

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post

Saw one yesterday. Looks good! I totally forgot to take a picture of the 488 Pista and new Defender in the same parking coz I was thinking of this S-Presso thread
    i have a wigo, as well as an innova.
    i can easily imagine the spresso's parking privileges...
    ... magaan ba manibela niya...?

but given the spresso's asking price,
    i can easily make a list of pre-owned vehicles that will give it a run for its money.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 19th, 2021 at 10:58 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Someone here said the S-presso is an Alto on stilts. I drove behind one last weekend and, yes (from the rear at least), it does look like a small, narrow car with disproportionately tall tires. I was expecting na medyo small SUV ang dating, but no.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Someone here said the S-presso is an Alto on stilts. I drove behind one last weekend and, yes (from the rear at least), it does look like a small, narrow car with disproportionately tall tires. I was expecting na medyo small SUV ang dating, but no.
    one h as to see it at a certain angle..
    the orange model seen at 30 degrees from the front, seems to be its more flattering angle.
    i wonder, does it topple over on extreme driving (e.g., fail the moose test) ?
    Last edited by dr. d; January 20th, 2021 at 02:54 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Tire size difference isn't that big.

S-Presso 175/70 R14

Celerio/Wigo/Mirage etc. 175/65 R14

The difference is something like 3% or 7/10th of an inch (17mm) taller tires.

Can probably swap tires with similar small cars and very few people would even notice -- kinda like how '90s sedan owners would change out 195/55R15 for 195/50R15 and the car looks mostly the same unless you're really looking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rao Shaheryar View Post
    Celerio is better than S-Presso I think celerio ground clearance is better than S-Presso
    my vote is for Celerio
    Celerio ground clearance 165mm

S-Presso ground clearance 180mm

8-9mm comes from taller tires, the other 6mm from raised suspension.
    Last edited by Dr.Kamiya; January 20th, 2021 at 02:57 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Tire size difference isn't that big.

S-Presso 175/70 R14

Celerio/Wigo/Mirage etc. 175/65 R14

The difference is something like 3% or 7/10th of an inch (17mm) taller tires.

Can probably swap tires with similar small cars and very few people would even notice -- kinda like how '90s sedan owners would change out 195/55R15 for 195/50R15 and the car looks mostly the same unless you're really looking for it.
    tinatamad nakong mag research.
    how's the ground clearance figures difference between the alto and celerio, and the spresso?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    tinatamad nakong mag research.
    how's the ground clearance figures difference between the alto and celerio, and the spresso?
    the indian spec alto(similar to the previous ph k10) is said to have 160mm while the pakistan spec with the 660cc seems to have 170mm of groundclearance.

celerio 145mm
    mirage 160mm
    wigo 180mm apparently
    brio 137mm
    picanto 151mm
    almera 150mm

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if the spresso has a ground clearance of 180 mm, and the celerio has 145,
    the difference of 35 mm is 1.4 inches.

for practical everyday use,
    would 1.4 inches be much of a decision-changer...?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I don't think ride height is a game changer, but they are basically the same car and come in at nearly the same price. (I believe S-Presso M/T is actually cheaper than the Celerio M/T).

At the end it all comes down to buyer preference, and so far our market seems to be favoring taller SUV-ish vehicles.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast