New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    The '07 GV that I had is as stiffed and bumpy as an '07 CX7 Sport that I test drove. A friend of mine who drove my '07 GV said that his '07 Mazda tribute (which has same flatform with the escape, tama po ba?) was stiffer than the '07 GV. I heard '09-'10 GV is more improved in ride quality and noise insulation.

Not too long ago I read from a forum that the next all new generation GV which is due by 2013 will no longer be truck based, which means it will no longer be a real SUV but a crossover based on kisazhi flatform

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... AFAIK, the Mazda tribute shares its platform with the Ford Escape. The GV shares its own with a Chevrolet Tracker.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    That is with the previous version of GV, and they are actually almost look-alike. Suzuki is no longer affiliated with GM that is why the current GV has no more rebadged Trakker or vise-versa.

Suzuki is now partnered with VW that is why so many GV owners was hoping that the next model will be based on Toureg platform but it was recently annouced that the next generation will share its platform with the kisazhi.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by qarban View Post
    That is with the previous version of GV, and they are actually almost look-alike. Suzuki is no longer affiliated with GM that is why the current GV has no more rebadged Trakker or vise-versa.

Suzuki is now partnered with VW that is why so many GV owners was hoping that the next model will be based on Toureg platform but it was recently annouced that the next generation will share its platform with the kisazhi.
    Bro correct me if I'm wrong, ang VW ay nag partner sa Suzuki dahil bagsak ang sales or ang Suzuki? Nabasa ko na sa dyaryo na nag partner sila, nakalimutan ko na. Ano ulit ang istorya non?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Parehas yata Sir pero only in certain part of the world lang, ang Suzuki bagsak sa North America pero malakas ang sales sa Australia and some part of Europe based on Suzuki forums at ewan ko lang sa Asia. Basta ang natatandaan ko ang VW gusto daw mag-dominate sa market

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.4 vs. Ford Escape XLT