New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    MS TCi? yan ba ung Non-VGT?
    Bakit TCI ba tawag niyo diyan? Ang Montero GLX ay CRDi naman.

TCI was coined by Hyundai to differentiate their CRDi Starex with 145 hp from the old non-CRDi engine that had 85 hp (174 vs 100 in the Grand Starex).

Last 4D56 turbocharged intercooler that had no CRDi was the L200 Strada of the early 2000's. That also only had 100 hp.

The engine of the current GLX Montero/Strada is a CRDi 4D56 with 134 hp, same engine as the higher-end GLS Montero from 2008-2010.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I always thought the Montero "TCI" you were referring to was the old 1st gen Montero with only 5 seats and the FM Pajero's 125hp 2.8 engine.

I find the Strada to have very good mid range kick from 2000rpm above. In fact it seems to still be steadily accelerating at 180km/h, but just won't go further upon hitting 185 (3500rpm). It doesn't look like the work of a speed limiter though. I find it's acceleration more brutal than the Gen 2 Santa Fe VGT, but that one was able to hit and exceed 200 easily enough. The acceleration was definitely befitting a car with 178bhp, but the top speed certainly isn't, especially since the Navara and Starex seem to have no difficulty hitting 200 at all.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    To get back to the topic, I do wonder. After looking at various Speedlab dyno sheets, I find that the Fortuner/Hilux 3.0 and the Montero/Strada 3.2 give only around 120whp. And then I see that the non VGT 2.5 Strada/Montero's also hit 120whp and a Strada GLS Sport V hit 170whp. I've driven the VGT Strada, and I know for a fact that it has difficulty going past 185km/h. What gives?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Gear ratios and aerodynamics. Also, speed limiters. Most of these trucks have limiters set between 180-190 km/h. The speedometer needle is often wrong, but the limiter doesn't follow the needle, it follows the actual speed sensor reading. You could be doing 200 by the speedo, but actually only 180-190 in real life.

Just finished a test with a car with GPS. Surprisingly, the speedo was already 10 km/h off at just 100 km/h.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Didn't know the Strada had a speed limiter. Does it, really? Or did it just need an insanely long stretch of road to go faster? Wouldn't make much sense to have one, considering that it would only be able to go faster by around 20km/h.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wow bilib ako sa inyo 185-200kph ang usapan sa SUV o pickup...wag na kayo magtalo, ang masasabi ko lang kahit anong HP ng sasakyan niyo, yung tibay ng dibdib niyo, plus 50HP na rin yun..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Didn't know the Strada had a speed limiter. Does it, really? Or did it just need an insanely long stretch of road to go faster? Wouldn't make much sense to have one, considering that it would only be able to go faster by around 20km/h.
    As far as I know, all current automatic-equipped diesel trucks have speed limiters. I don't know about the manual variants.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Thats why I never sold my sir.. wag gawin rezing rezing ang suv. I never race my fortuner. Iba talaga response ng gas engine sa diesel.. gusto ko lang sa fort ko is yung torque malakas talaga

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345