New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rsa View Post
    I see ganon po pala yun... Sasabihin ko po sa kanya about sa off roading thing. We dont really have idea about cars.
    For off road I think it just minimal... Tingin ko po di po sya papayag na parang maging tanke yun

Eto po yung bago nyan list sabi nya check daw specs.. Siya na daw bahala sa negotiation.
    1. Explo
    2. Tucson(kaso 5 lang) may 7 seater po ba nito?
    3. sorento
    4. cx9
    5. fort and montero(ito kasi daw lagi nya nakikita sabi din ng kapit bahay maganda daw)

sabi nya 7 seater daw sana para may extra at lalagyan niya nng dalahin. Yung budget po talaga 2.5 lng kung mag dadag daw po kami daw mag dagdag.
    No 7 seater Tucson. Ang liit nun eh, di yan kakasya. Kung Tucson with 7 seats habol mo, go get the Santa Fe. Among the choices the Sorento seems to be the best balance here between great styling and performance with fuel economy. I'd have the top of the line variant with the panoramic sunroof please. CX9's good traits are mostly present in the Explorer and some were even improved on. Besides, the gas consumption is terrible. Very good looking though. Fortuner or Montero... With such great choices and such a fat budget, why'd he want a pickup based, targeted for 3rd world SUV for?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think the big deal with the Explorer's off-roadability will be the ride height. It's lower than the Pajero's.

Of course, you have a shiny new SUV, you don't want to take it off-road... not unless you're Beeboy...

-

Seriously... list should include the Santa Fe instead of the Tucson. The Tucson has very little boot space compared to bigger five seaters like the CR-V.

-

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    get what I'm getting: Ford Explorer. You dont want buyers remorse hehe.

Also (thanks to the advice of everyone here) I took a long hard look at the GT-V Monty. Nice bells and whistles and checks of a lot of stuff on my list (paddle shifters !!!!). But in the end, put them side by side, and the Explorer is almost lust worthy. It looks like it came out from the design shop of Land Rover .

The 2012 Ford EXPLORER is a nice piece of eye candy.

But I would like to ask you, are you prepared to navigate the confusing menu of the FORD EXPLORER's electronic touch-screen control system? Or at least have you tried to use it by yourself?

Last edited by ghosthunter; November 22nd, 2011 at 06:18 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

But I would like to ask you, are you prepared to navigate the confusing menu of the FORD EXPLORER's electronic touch-screen control system? Or at least have you tried to use it by yourself?

Haha~ Nosebleed! Baka kapag may matandang gumamit hindi nalang papansinin ang sound system.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The 2012 Ford EXPLORER is a nice piece of eye candy.

Kaya naman siguro pag-aralan yan, GH.

Kasi for me, those technical add-ons wouldn't really hinder me from buying what I want.

Yeah, it may be complicated. Pero we learnt things that are more complicated during our life, iyan pa kayang kaliit liit na bagay hindi natin makasanayan?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    get what I'm getting: Ford Explorer. You dont want buyers remorse hehe.

Also (thanks to the advice of everyone here) I took a long hard look at the GT-V Monty. Nice bells and whistles and checks of a lot of stuff on my list (paddle shifters !!!!). But in the end, put them side by side, and the Explorer is almost lust worthy. It looks like it came out from the design shop of Land Rover .

As a CX9 owner, im not expecting much in terms of gas consumption from the Explorer. 4 km/l city traffic driving, or roughly 5T a week if I use it everyday. BUT... I wont be using it everyday.
    Medyo malayo naman kasi comparo, dapat yung P2.4M or around that price katapat niyang Ford Explorer. Panis talaga mid-size SUV dyan.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kung techie, easy lang kapain yang ICE at Climate control ng Explorer. Kung medyo slow learner, owner's manual lang katapat niyan. ;)

And the brown Explorer is really nice......

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Hehe my mom is not techie. The car will be driven by driver. I wont allow her. She dont even know to text may taga text sya para computer old school po sya. We tried to teach her mahirap p talaga. Basta alam nya lang yung windows door lock aircon ok n yun. Thanks po sa mga suggestions nyo. Mahirap kasi kalaban ang mga matatanda hehehe. You know what i mean....

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I understand kung old-fashioned ang gagamit. Parents, though not all, share the same characteristics. They want everything simple. Pero for us, who understands every bit of our car's ICE. Having that kind of technology is a plus to us, somehow. Kasi nga for one, the output that can be expected is nice.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Hehe me too love functionality but i should learn to drive 1st. Thanks po sa mga suggestions po nyo mga gurus

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
SUV: Explorer vs Montero vs Pajero vs fort vs others