New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rsa View Post
    I see... the cx9 is out of the budget thou we can add we will use the money for other things... Suppose we get the explorer is therw discounts? free items? availability? maintenance cost???
    Maintenance costs is still unknown because it was just officially launched around month ago.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Mazda gives huge discounts on the CX-9. Ask the dealers about it. My vote goes to Ford Explorer.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Based on your budget, I would also vote for the Ford Explorer. Its the best SUV for that price range. The downside would be the high fuel consumption and low resale value. That should not matter though if you can afford it.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If fuel consumption is an issue, the CX9 is even worse than the Explorer. But the CX9 is a great car.

Any gasoline powered car with over 3 liters of engine will give you under 5 km/l in traffic (heck, 2.4 - 2.5 pa lang, mga 5 km/l pag bumper-to-bumper). The only question is how much less than 5 km/l you will get.

With the diesels, with an automatic, expect also 5-6 km/l in traffic... but at least diesel costs cheaper. You'll be paying extra for engine maintenance in the long run (around 100-150,000 kilometers), but the economy is worth it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    We understand that suv drinks gas. Want we want is something reasonable. She prefers the explorer, mont and fort... she also mention safety. For gas i think its just a small issue... But we are now leaning to the explo... which ford dealer would you recommend? But we are still open for any models...
    Thanks for your reply sirs ...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Safety ... Get the Explorer.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Get the new Explorer sir RSA if you're tied-up with 1st of December 2011 to settle for an SUV.

Since you meant safety pala (i take it this is above all other aspects), aside from the all-new PhP2.40 M Ford Explorer, check out also the 7-seater Hyundai Santa Fe R-eVGT 4x4 (PhP1.78 M).

You get all what you're mum is looking for, i.e. the Santa Fe is recognised worldwide as:

1. Earning the highest 5-star Euro NCAP safety rating against severe impact (all sides equipped with airbags and much more about its chassis and body characteristics);

2. Comes with a 3rd- or 4th-generation CRDi diesel engine technology, and therefore it is more powerful and fuel-efficient;

3. Best power in the class of locally-available midsize SUV's/CUV's, (around 200 hp with 435 Nm torque);

4. Best suspension and best manoeuvring manners even at high-speeds amongst all locally-available midsize SUV's/CUV's; and

5. Comes with a 5-year warranty that you won't find in any Fortuner, Montero Sport, Alterra, Everest SUV's and it is better than any of them, performance- and safety-wise.... And you get all these features for only PhP1.78 M.

GOODLUCK! ;)

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If safety is a primary consideration, go for a unibody SUV like the Explorer.

The Santa Fe and Sorento are also worth a long, hard, look. The 2.2 liter 190 hp diesel that the two SUVs share (Hyundai and Kia are sister companies) is powerful and relatively frugal. They also have good interior space and more useful third row seating than the Fortuner and Montero.

The Sorento is a more refined vehicle than the Santa Fe, with better handling.... but the Santa Fe is cheaper, spec-for-spec and has a comfortable ride.

It's also worth noting that handling and braking for the Santa Fe, Sorento, Explorer and CX9 are much better than with the Fortuner and Montero Sport.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rsa View Post
    We understand that suv drinks gas. Want we want is something reasonable. She prefers the explorer, mont and fort... she also mention safety. For gas i think its just a small issue... But we are now leaning to the explo... which ford dealer would you recommend? But we are still open for any models...
    Thanks for your reply sirs ...
    Why pick the Montero or Fortuner when you can have a car that's a notch higher in class?

Of course those two will give reasonable fuel consumption but that's about it. Class, style and everything else, the new explorer wins it.

Ford Edsa-GH.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post

Get the new Explorer sir RSA if you're tied-up with 1st of December 2011 to settle for an SUV.

Since you meant safety pala (i take it this is above all other aspects), aside from the all-new PhP2.40 M Ford Explorer, check out also the 7-seater Hyundai Santa Fe R-eVGT 4x4 (PhP1.78 M).

You get all what you're mum is looking for, i.e. the Santa Fe is recognised worldwide as:

1. Earning the highest 5-star Euro NCAP safety rating against severe impact (all sides equipped with airbags and much more about its chassis and body characteristics);

2. Comes with a 3rd- or 4th-generation CRDi diesel engine technology, and therefore it is more powerful and fuel-efficient;

3. Best power in the class of locally-available midsize SUV's/CUV's, (around 200 hp with 435 Nm torque);

4. Best suspension and best manoeuvring manners even at high-speeds amongst all locally-available midsize SUV's/CUV's; and

5. Comes with a 5-year warranty that you won't find in any Fortuner, Montero Sport, Alterra, Everest SUV's and it is better than any of them, performance- and safety-wise.... And you get all these features for only PhP1.78 M.

GOODLUCK! ;)

Okay ang specs ng Santa Fe. No doubt about that. Problema ko lang mdyo old na rin kasi ung exterior design ng Santa Fe, Sana 2013 na.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
SUV: Explorer vs Montero vs Pajero vs fort vs others