New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestana View Post
    say the current Mazda CX5, that's big difference for what is essentially the same thing albeit used. For instance, there are 2013 4x2 CX5s in the 800 to 900K range while a brand new one costs 1.35 to 1.5M depending on 4x2 trim level.
    i'd stay away from the cx5. sa madaming beses ako nagpunta sa mazda casa para ipagawa o pa-service yung lemon bt50 ko halos lagi akong may nakakasabay na nagpapagawa ng cx5. mahina daw ang transmission laging sira. walang hatak, ayaw mag-shift, etc. sinasabi ko lang ang sinabi sa akin ng ilang owners na nakasabay ko ha. whether this is a common problem ay hindi ko alam. basta kung 3 lang na cx5 owners na nagkataon na andun sa casa para sa warranty claim ay meron ako nakausap at yun ang sinabi nila.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Mas ok pa rin magsecondhand. More value for money. Kailangan lang marunong ka sa kotse and masipag maghanap and magparepair at first.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Agree on this but not to the amount of 800K to burn for a 2nd hand car....esep-esep TS

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Guy View Post
    Agree on this but not to the amount of 800K to burn for a 2nd hand car....esep-esep TS
    Why? A young secondhand car has already depreciated significantly (prices for used cars follow a steep reverse exponential curve), but still doesn't have the headaches of older used cars.

I'd have done the same if I needed another car and had 800k cash to spare. Why pay 1.4M when 800k gets you the same car with just a few thousands worth of necessary expenses to get it to tip-top shape?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    *jut703: As what I have posted earlier, I'm all go if the vehicle we are talking about is the just the same model. I'm all go for that, buy the 2nd hand vehicle because it'a a good deal.

I'm talking about the New Everest vs. the old model here...night and day difference between the two and If I have 800K to burn, then this is what I will do:

Selling Price: P1,399,000.00
    Downpayment: P699,500.00
    Amount Financed: P699,500.00
    Monthly Amortization: P14,839.00/month for 5 years or 22K+/monthly for 36months
    the 100K left will be for the insurance, chattel, etc.

Again this is for the NEW Everest vs. the old model
    Why Everest? Kasi the TS mentioned it...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    double post

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Thought you had a Santa Fe?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    i'd stay away from the cx5. sa madaming beses ako nagpunta sa mazda casa para ipagawa o pa-service yung lemon bt50 ko halos lagi akong may nakakasabay na nagpapagawa ng cx5. mahina daw ang transmission laging sira. walang hatak, ayaw mag-shift, etc. sinasabi ko lang ang sinabi sa akin ng ilang owners na nakasabay ko ha. whether this is a common problem ay hindi ko alam. basta kung 3 lang na cx5 owners na nagkataon na andun sa casa para sa warranty claim ay meron ako nakausap at yun ang sinabi nila.
    No wonder the resale value is low. Less than 60% of its original value after just two years. It's usually between 60 to 70% after two years. I also bought a repo car early last year, a 2013 Kia Soul. I got it for less than 55% its original price of P900K+ since mas-mura minsan sa mga bank repo. Almost 20K km mileage when I got it, bale naka almost 20K km in one year.

Now at 35K km, thankfully zero headaches so far. Spent around P40K on full detailing, new seats, underbody, wheel alignment, new insurance with acts of god, etc. when I got it. Then I spent for casa maintenance at Kia Sucat, P4K for 22.5K km PMS and P6.6K for 30K km PMS. Was actually out of schedule since the 22.5K km PMS was done at around 25K km and the 30K km PMS was done at 32K km.

Depende pa rin sa kotse and brand/dealership experience siguro when buying used. Actually got a brand new Sorento because of my experience with the Soul. Didn't want to buy a brand new Kia kasi back then. Pero yung mga sakit ng certain models, for instance the transmission on older Fiestas, it's difficult to escape regardless if you're buying used or new.

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Guy View Post
    It's still relative. Depende sa tao yan. I know people that find P800K a small amount of money. For them, P800K for a used but fairly new car to be used as a daily beater or hatid-sundo ng children is a potentially good deal. Car depreciation rates are high. If I remember correctly sa nabasa kong interview, si Kim Henares nga 13 ang car, pero 1 lang binili niya brand new. :rofl: Toyota 86 ata yung binili niya na brand new.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Thought you had a Santa Fe?
    Had, but sold it for the Lexus IS bro. That was the condition given to me by the wifey to get the IS. Now she realizes the value of having a 7 seater in the stable, so here looking for one as a replacement for the old CRV.
    Last edited by bjreyesmd; October 16th, 2015 at 11:33 AM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Guys, remember that the reason I'm not keen on buying brand new is that I'm just looking for an alternate vehicle/strike anywhere/pangharabas vehicle. It should be reliable enough not to cause problems as my kids will also be riding them. That is why I'm looking for a relatively young car. Brand new may be too much for an alternate vehicle that will probably be used 2x a week or on occasion only. With regards to the Everest, I really will not mind getting the older model as long as it suits my purposes. TIA.
    Last edited by bjreyesmd; October 16th, 2015 at 02:04 PM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Everest is definitely a good choice for a strike anywhere/pangharabas vehicle. Impressive wading depth and ground clearance plus big interior space makes for an excellent vehicle for family trips.

The most engaging to drive would definitely be the Sorento. But then I find that most of those in the 2nd hand market are 5 seaters, which brings us to the Santa Fe which has the same engine, comes standard with 7 seats, and seems to be cheaper 2nd hand.

The Carnival is actually a pretty good alternative. I have a relative who has a 2011 LX LWB. No problems with power doors since it doesn't have them. Took it to Baguio with 8 people onboard, and there was more than enough enough space in the cargo area for all of our luggage. Fold all the seats and you get a loading area that'll shame an L300 FB. Of course it isn't as "strike anywhere" as an SUV, but they had the tires upsized to 245/70/R16s for added ground clearance.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast