New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Got a chance to drive the wrx cvt today. It was great! The tyres grip the road surfaces very well during hard acceleration. A little turbo lag but once you hit above 2000 rpm you'll be slam in your seats. I like the stiffness of the chassis too. I also got to play the paddle shifters in S# mode. Now this some serious shifting unlike those wanna be Honda paddle shifters. I thought CVT transmission are boring but boy am I'm wrong!
    One thing I dont like is the sound of exhaust. Not much grunt and rumbling. You need to fork out additional molah for some serious exhaust note.
    Overall its money worth spending for a great performance car.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    From a price standpoint, the VW Golf GTi is nearer to the Lexus IS350F. How does the Golf GTi stand up to the IS350F?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    WRX pa din...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    From a price standpoint, the VW Golf GTi is nearer to the Lexus IS350F. How does the Golf GTi stand up to the IS350F?
    Have not driven that one. If it's like the GS I drove before, it should be good (they share a common platform). Of course, the Golf is nowhere near as luxurious or powerful as that... the IS350 is a grand bargain due to JPEPA pricing, a real 335i competitor for a whole lot less... but I think I'd forgo the F for a better ride.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Have not driven that one. If it's like the GS I drove before, it should be good (they share a common platform). Of course, the Golf is nowhere near as luxurious or powerful as that... the IS350 is a grand bargain due to JPEPA pricing, a real 335i competitor for a whole lot less... but I think I'd forgo the F for a better ride.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

the f-sport is even faster than an STi on a straight line. around the track it won't be as fast and as fun as an STi but i can guarantee that it won't disappoint anyone. but yeah different class so i wouldn't really compare it to a gti, if i had to pick one though i'd go with the F-sport even against an STi. at the price point of the f-sport it's pretty much hard to beat since it has everything that you will ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

the f-sport is even faster than an STi on a straight line. around the track it won't be as fast and as fun as an STi but i can guarantee that it won't disappoint anyone. but yeah different class so i wouldn't really compare it to a gti, if i had to pick one though i'd go with the F-sport even against an STi. at the price point of the f-sport it's pretty much hard to beat since it has everything that you will ask for.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I will pick the WRX rather than the golf
    performance and practicality

I will pick the WRX rather than the golf
    performance and practicality

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Motor Trend article: Subaru WRX STI vs VW Golf R

2015 Subaru WRX STI vs 2015 Volkswagen Golf R

8. Join Date
    May 2015
    Subaru wrx. better performance and better looking

9. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Subaru WRX uses a new engine and for sure a better value compared to the Golf GTI. But the GTI is very fun to drive and don't let the lower hp rating or front wheel drive bias dissuade you from considering it.

Try to do a test drive to see which you prefer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12