The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    my email: bbathala*yahoo.com

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by trist323 View Post
    if we're lucky, late 2010 daw. now, if I can only save 100k a month... lol!
    I am not so sure on this diesel thing. I mean, engine needs more time to warm up, mas mahina ang hatak, more vibrations, etc. If my budget is limited siguro then maybe OK. But for a luxury brand like subaru I just don't see the wisdom of diesel.

Even mercedes diesel, from what I've heard, is mabagal.

Not to argue but to solicit opinions and views.

Regards

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Diesel mabagal, mahina ang hatak??? Obviously di pa kayo nakasubok ng CRDi diesel...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by billyjames View Post
    I am not so sure on this diesel thing. I mean, engine needs more time to warm up, mas mahina ang hatak, more vibrations, etc. If my budget is limited siguro then maybe OK. But for a luxury brand like subaru I just don't see the wisdom of diesel.

Regards
    depends on which Mercedes diesel you are talking about. Kung MB100D diesel, mahina talaga. Since this is under Subaru, fyi, yung Legacy/Forester/Impreza na 2.0L engine has more power AND torque than the Mercedes engine of the van. Hindi pa CRDi/common rail/TDCi/TDi, whatever you call it, yung makina ng lumang MB van.

YUng mga bagong common rail bihira lang makakita kang mababa sa 300NM of torque. Forte ng diesel ang torque, not power.

Just FYI.

and tidus1203, I've ridden in the Hyundai CRDi's. Lakas ng hatak pare.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by billyjames View Post

Regards
    depends on which Mercedes diesel you are talking about. Kung MB100D diesel, mahina talaga. Since this is under Subaru, fyi, yung Legacy/Forester/Impreza na 2.0L engine has more power AND torque than the Mercedes engine of the van. Hindi pa CRDi/common rail/TDCi/TDi, whatever you call it, yung makina ng lumang MB van.

YUng mga bagong common rail bihira lang makakita kang mababa sa 300NM of torque. Forte ng diesel ang torque, not power.

Just FYI.

and tidus1203, I've ridden in the Hyundai CRDi's. Lakas ng hatak pare.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    oops sorry double post.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I'm going to go kind of against the grain on this. Bahain 'kamo sa inyo at lubak lubak, ergo Forester would probably be better than Legacy because of the long-travel suspension.

I wouldn't suggest waiting for the boxer diesel kasi wala pa sa australia eh sila pinangakuan eh tayo hindi. So dumating man yun dito, wala talagang makapagsabi kung kelan. Puwede din kasi may issues sila sa maduming diesel natin eh.

So kung gusto niyo MEDYO tipid sa gas, just go for the 2.0X. You can always add mods if you feel it's lacking in power or excessive in consumption. A K&N filter, I heard can be quite helpful regarding this. Plus, if worse comes to worst and gas prices really climb again, baka puwede ka mag LPG dahil hindi ka naka turbo.

Mas formal ang dating ng Legacy though and AFAIK, they even offer incentives for those so you might be able to get a great deal. Which you can then use to pay for higher gas prices. Either way, panalo.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    naaalala ko tuloy si korina sanchez sa rated K dati nung sinubukan nila yung mercedes.. ang tulin pati tunog at hatak ang ganda and for sure it was a diesel one. about luxury cars yung topic noon and it was a year ago na rin for sure.
    back to the topic
    it sure is a worth to wait pero can you really wait? 2010 is too long for me tapos di pa masabi exactly when. kung maghihintay kayo meaning magttyaga kayo sa m3 niyo muna eh habang nagttyaga eh ilang beses kaya masisira suspension niya? that's also equals to gastos. (di naman sa minamadali ko po kayo) kung kukuha naman din kayo ng forester gas now, it's somehow near(or even better) sa FC ng m3 niyo naman. dillemma ba to ng pagbili ng car?
    wish i could be just like you guys na hindi rin makatulog kakaisip ng bibilhin hahaha!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    I'm going to go kind of against the grain on this. Bahain 'kamo sa inyo at lubak lubak, ergo Forester would probably be better than Legacy because of the long-travel suspension.

I wouldn't suggest waiting for the boxer diesel kasi wala pa sa australia eh sila pinangakuan eh tayo hindi. So dumating man yun dito, wala talagang makapagsabi kung kelan. Puwede din kasi may issues sila sa maduming diesel natin eh.

So kung gusto niyo MEDYO tipid sa gas, just go for the 2.0X. You can always add mods if you feel it's lacking in power or excessive in consumption. A K&N filter, I heard can be quite helpful regarding this. Plus, if worse comes to worst and gas prices really climb again, baka puwede ka mag LPG dahil hindi ka naka turbo.

Mas formal ang dating ng Legacy though and AFAIK, they even offer incentives for those so you might be able to get a great deal. Which you can then use to pay for higher gas prices. Either way, panalo.
    not sure about the incentives bro. our family got the third to the last unit ng station wagon, pagkatapos nun ubos na.

I'm not so sure about the sedan though. There can't be any incentives kung ubos na

same dilemma for us, but we went for the Legacy wagon.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Burai View Post
    naaalala ko tuloy si korina sanchez sa rated K dati nung sinubukan nila yung mercedes.. ang tulin pati tunog at hatak ang ganda and for sure it was a diesel one. about luxury cars yung topic noon and it was a year ago na rin for sure.
    back to the topic
    it sure is a worth to wait pero can you really wait? 2010 is too long for me tapos di pa masabi exactly when. kung maghihintay kayo meaning magttyaga kayo sa m3 niyo muna eh habang nagttyaga eh ilang beses kaya masisira suspension niya? that's also equals to gastos. (di naman sa minamadali ko po kayo) kung kukuha naman din kayo ng forester gas now, it's somehow near(or even better) sa FC ng m3 niyo naman. dillemma ba to ng pagbili ng car?
    wish i could be just like you guys na hindi rin makatulog kakaisip ng bibilhin hahaha!
    Bad yan burai. Sasakit ulo mo niyan.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subaru: Legacy or Forester?