New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    how's their(motorimage) aftersales service?
    i really wanted one, but still tossing between the STi or WRX, but leaning towards the Rex for its more humane ride.
    i really like the STi, but its harsh ride might defeat its purpose as a daily car due to the soft and very good ride of my Santa Fe, baka magsisi ako.
    Sti isn't really that harsh don't expect BMW soft, its a little on the stiff side i would say an average honda civic ride stiff. Local top gear magazine even said that its mercedes soft but that is pushing it too far. This is my daily driver and coming from an e46 325i i would say harsh ride is not an issue. Though 325i have stiffer rides compared to 318.

Aftersales never got the chance pa but the service head was very helpful giving me all the low-down in maintaining this car when i picked this car up (no, motorimage wouldn't deliver Sti it is strictly for pick-up only). And would post future feedback as soon as i reach the end of the break-in period of 1,600km.

Wrx and Sti diffirence aside from the engine are the 6 speed transmission, the driver controlled center diffirential ( it means you can't pull that handbrake in motion on a wrx), Sti badges (which replaces the more important fog lights), Brembo brakes ( not sure, though definitely bigger brakes for the Sti), larger wings, rear diffuser.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Sti isn't really that harsh don't expect BMW soft, its a little on the stiff side i would say an average honda civic ride stiff. Local top gear magazine even said that its mercedes soft but that is pushing it too far. This is my daily driver and coming from an e46 325i i would say harsh ride is not an issue. Though 325i have stiffer rides compared to 318.

Aftersales never got the chance pa but the service head was very helpful giving me all the low-down in maintaining this car when i picked this car up (no, motorimage wouldn't deliver Sti it is strictly for pick-up only). And would post future feedback as soon as i reach the end of the break-in period of 1,600km.

Wrx and Sti diffirence aside from the engine are the 6 speed transmission, the driver controlled center diffirential ( it means you can't pull that handbrake in motion on a wrx), Sti badges (which replaces the more important fog lights), Brembo brakes ( not sure, though definitely bigger brakes for the Sti), larger wings, rear diffuser.
    i think i have to testdrive the STI. i'm very familiar with the differences between STI and Wrx, though IMO those foglamps are important specially on rainy days. im going to see the dealership tomorrow and ask for a testdrive, hopefully meron na for STI. but i'll be contented with the WRX for sure, having the ultimate locally available impreza would be more pogi.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    i think i have to testdrive the STI. i'm very familiar with the differences between STI and Wrx, though IMO those foglamps are important specially on rainy days. im going to see the dealership tomorrow and ask for a testdrive, hopefully meron na for STI. but i'll be contented with the WRX for sure, having the ultimate locally available impreza would be more pogi.
    i don't think ma tetestdrive mo sti.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    i don't think ma tetestdrive mo sti.
    pede patest drive?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Yup. I got the car this January.

I also have an evo which takes care of "fast" duties. Been using the WRX as a daily drive.
    Shopping for another car so I can retire the evo already, 2.5li STi na sana but like I said I wasn't happy with the car's powerband and gearing. Hopefully the spec-c will do that once I get to drive it.

ser, may blowback din ba WRX, i know STI meron. coz ive driven couple of times but have'nt heard the "psshhhh".
    drove an Evo7 yesterday , lakas ng "singa" nya.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Blow-off valve po ang tawag dun.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Subaru Impreza wrx or wrx sti?