New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Porma is nothing. Speed is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    impreza sedan only comes with AT, that's why i went with the gt-a on his choice. pero if it's against the MT impreza it would be a hard choice.
    Indeed... back in 08, when both were launched and we got to drive the GT-A and Impreza 2.0R MT back to back, we had a hard time deciding... both incredibly fun to drive... but I'd give a slight edge to the Impreza hatch because you can actually drift it under power easily.

But the 4AT just sucks all the enjoyment out of the non-turbo car... makes it feel turgid, unwilling in corners (no power going to the rear wheels means the handling isn't as neutral as the manual) and slow. That 4AT only really works with the turbo engine (as in the Forester)... because that has enough torque to mask its inadequacies... of course... it has the benefit of being able to handle a crapload of boost... unusual for a matic... what's the record so far on the stock AT... 400 whp? 500?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Porma is nothing. Speed is everything.

Indeed... back in 08, when both were launched and we got to drive the GT-A and Impreza 2.0R MT back to back, we had a hard time deciding... both incredibly fun to drive... but I'd give a slight edge to the Impreza hatch because you can actually drift it under power easily.

But the 4AT just sucks all the enjoyment out of the non-turbo car... makes it feel turgid, unwilling in corners (no power going to the rear wheels means the handling isn't as neutral as the manual) and slow. That 4AT only really works with the turbo engine (as in the Forester)... because that has enough torque to mask its inadequacies... of course... it has the benefit of being able to handle a crapload of boost... unusual for a matic... what's the record so far on the stock AT... 400 whp? 500?
    i agree with everything you said. not sure what the record on it, i think it's around 300whp since a lot of XT owners who go beyond 300whp also change their tranny to a 6speed MT.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    nope di siya gaya ng STi spoiler.
    yung parang ganito po ba: http://www.subaru-global.com/11impreza_20rs_4d.html

para bang sa wrx?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Ano po ba ang mga FC ng both cars? City and Highway.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i agree with everything you said. not sure what the record on it, i think it's around 300whp since a lot of XT owners who go beyond 300whp also change their tranny to a 6speed MT.
    AFAIK, Speedlab's is around 350-400 whp... was just wondering if anyone has gotten more yet...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pooritokalaw View Post
    yung parang ganito po ba: http://www.subaru-global.com/11impreza_20rs_4d.html

para bang sa wrx?
    yup ganyan nga.

Quote Originally Posted by pooritokalaw View Post
    Ano po ba ang mga FC ng both cars? City and Highway.
    the impreza about 6-8km not sure sa gt-a

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    AFAIK, Speedlab's is around 350-400 whp... was just wondering if anyone has gotten more yet...
    here in the philippine's that's the only heavily modded sg body forester xt i know, there's another guy in subaru club modding his xt but he's not done yet so i can't tell. and another guy at subaru society who did a full STi swap on his xt. most of the other heavily modded xt here in the philippine's has the sh body which has a MT tranny, here in the states naman yon usually swap ang tranny pag modded xt, just not sure on other countries. speedlab is the only sg body xt i know right now that is running more than 300whp on stock tranny.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    i need suggestions from you guys,

ano mas pipiliin nyo?

Lancer ex gls
    Subaru impreza 2.0 rs mt
    honda civic 2.0
    honda jazz 1.5 at

gagamitin ko po sama pang daily, once a year lang po ako nag lolong drive,

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Had the same dilemma 2 years ago, then a cousin of mine who drives an STI told me, "Kung di rin lang turbo ang kukunin mong Subaru mag lancer ka nalang" So I ended up with a Lancer,

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by igiwtf View Post
    i need suggestions from you guys,

ano mas pipiliin nyo?

Lancer ex gls
    Subaru impreza 2.0 rs mt
    honda civic 2.0
    honda jazz 1.5 at

gagamitin ko po sama pang daily, once a year lang po ako nag lolong drive,
    Daily driving, I would choose either the Lancer EX GLS or the Civic 2.0 A/T.

Subaru Impreza 2.0 RS M/T is not something you would want to drive in the traffic mayhem we have in Metro Manila. Nice to drive on sundays though.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Lancer EX na... Mabigat ang AWD system ng Impreza, wala rin naman masyadong silbi since 150hp lang ang makina, tapos dahil nahirapan ang makina malakas uminom ng gas. Kapag kukuha ng Impreza, WRX variant nalang.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Subaru Impreza 2.0R Sedan v.s. Mitsubishi Lancer EX GT-A