New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Drave View Post

Forester 0-100kph in 6 secs. Just can't get that out of my head
    Well, the Forester is similar to a swiss army knife. It can do and be so many things to each individual family member. It is sedate enough to carry the family safely in and around town like a Volvo (see crash tests). Is a wagon and low enough for vertically challenged kids or mothers. (It can do what an Outlander, Rav4 and CRV can do). It has standard amenities like a moonroof, climate control airconditioner, stereo etc... True AWD All-Wheel-Drive which the competition has none. And finally best of all something daddy can take to the track when needed- the power plant of the much coveted Subaru WRX 2.5 turbo in an automatic Prodrive transmission. HA!

Hence dare i say... "hindi lang pang pamilya, pang sports pa!"

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Drey,

Oo nga no, di ko naisip yun ah . I like the looks of the outlander much better pero sa performance, parang mas magaling ang forester. Sta fe naman eh fuel efficiency ang panalo. Ang hirap talagang pumili sa tatlo. Sa test drive na lang siguro magkakatalo. I'll also look into the other factors.

With all due respect to the crv 07 owners, ayoko talaga ng hitsura. Sabi nga ni kumander ko nung nakita niya, "Anong ginawa nila sa kotse, bakit ganun?"

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmichaels View Post
    Well, the Forester is similar to a swiss army knife. It can do and be so many things to each individual family member. It is sedate enough to carry the family safely in and around town like a Volvo (see crash tests). Is a wagon and low enough for vertically challenged kids or mothers. (It can do what an Outlander, Rav4 and CRV can do). It has standard amenities like a moonroof, climate control airconditioner, stereo etc... True AWD All-Wheel-Drive which the competition has none. And finally best of all something daddy can take to the track when needed- the power plant of the much coveted Subaru WRX 2.5 turbo in an automatic Prodrive transmission. HA!

Hence dare i say... "hindi lang pang pamilya, pang sports pa!"
    These, probably, are the reasons why I'm liking it more than the rest. Pero isip-isip muna.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Drave View Post
    I like the looks of the outlander much better pero sa performance, parang mas magaling ang forester. Sta fe naman eh fuel efficiency ang panalo. Ang hirap talagang pumili sa tatlo. Sa test drive na lang siguro magkakatalo.
    if you base your decision on the test drives...i pretty much know which one you'll pick.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT View Post
    if you base your decision on the test drives...i pretty much know which one you'll pick.
    Yeah, I know. That's why I'll test drive it last.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Take it for a spin and let us know what you think

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I've testdriven the FXT and all I can say is that it's unlike anything I've ever driven before. It's an exhilirating drive. It can get scary sometimes.

I'll be making a purchase decision come July and have the Forester as one of the items on my shoplist. The only beef I have with the Outlander is the beige fabric interior. It's going to get stained soon enough. It's going to be a pain to keep it clean for years to come.

For comparison sake, I wonder if anyone has tested the performance of the V6 version of the current Accord. It's rated the same as the Fozzie at upwards of 200HP, the only difference being it's naturally-aspirated. I'd appreciate it if you guys can direct me to comments in the forums on this. Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sir Drave, even if I am a Mitsu fan. I would still like to own an FXT or an Outback. Iba talaga kasi feel ng Subaru eh. Parang kakaiba.

Since andyan naman si Strading, same looks with Outlander, pwede na siguro si FXT. But still, you have to choose after you test drive both and consider their pro's and con's. If you can afford maintaining and buying parts for the Subaru then better. Again, you have to sacrifice both strengths and weaknesses of the two. Kung mas gusto ni Kumander ang Forester, support her choice nalang. Baka mag-away pa kayo. :hihihi:
    iam3739.com

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    ((I'll be making a purchase decision come July and have the Forester as one of the items on my shoplist. The only beef I have with the Outlander is the beige fabric interior. It's going to get stained soon enough. It's going to be a pain to keep it clean for years to come.))

beige fabric interior din ba pati yung GLS, or the GLS sports only.???

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Kung mas gusto ni Kumander ang Forester, support her choice nalang. Baka mag-away pa kayo. :hihihi:
    Ayan ang decision at hindi yung test drive! Hahaha

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Subaru Forester vs Mitsubishi Outlander