New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Somehow, I smell Montero recommendations soon
    how about the new gtv montero... cheaper and more powerful...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Somehow, I smell Montero recommendations soon
    Quote Originally Posted by krinkx View Post
    how about the new gtv montero... cheaper and more powerful...
    Oh I smell a 3rd world SUV comment soon:peace:

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post
    Di naman siguro. But most probably kasama na MS sa discussion or choices ng bibili.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Since I made the original post, I made the post below as an update (yes, went with the Sta Fe 2.2 over the Subaru 2.0).
    Suggest if another comparison is made, eg, vs Montero etc, that a new thread be started.
    Thanks for the additional info on the HU and the speakers, will take into consideration.
    Will I regret my choice? Too early to say. Would I like a Subaru sometime in the future? Maybe, when I can go for the 2.5 model, next gen maybe.

Thanks for all the inputs!

Quote Originally Posted by nitrogen View Post
    Agree the engine of the Sta Fe is really good. Powerful & economical. It's what's going for it the most.
    It's also comfortable at the back if you're a passenger.
    The reverse camera is nice. But the sound system is a letdown. Integration with iPhone and Bluetooth pairing are not seamless - it's small things like this that makes it fall short of being a premium car despite all the added features. It's still good value though. The car itself is what you'd expect from cars of similar class, perhaps a bigger version of the CRV (but because of track record I feel the CRV is better built? - can't validate Sta Fe yet but it's got a 5-year warranty).
    It's definitely a more practical choice than the Subaru 2.0 esp. with diesel P8/li cheaper than gasoline nowadays.
    Just my initial impressions.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post
    shadow... naunahan mo ako.. hehehehehe

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hmmmm.. If the TS is after the comfort.. The ladder frame chassis SUVs failed.

Based on my personal experience.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Pati ba sa SF naliliitan? Siguro maliliitan pa sila lalo sa Fort! Ang sikip nun eh. Tamang tama lang ang 3 average build adults sa 2nd row and with very limited headroom and legroom pa.
    They find the Forester and CX-7 too tight. Ayaw na nila ng CUVs.

So they are now considering midsize SUVs although they scout the Ford Explorer/Expedition (too big naman daw).

Di pa nakabili...taking their time.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I just saw a Santa Fe and a CX7 parked side by side awhile ago. The Santa Fe is noticeably wider and taller. Since they're looking at the Explorer/Expedition already, then it would seem that budget is not a problem? What about the Veracruz or the Mohave? The V6 CRDi e-VGT's do not disappoint. :devil:

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Good luck sa pag order...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Subaru Forester 2.0 or Sta Fe 2.2 Diesel?