New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by carljenar View Post
    Now, I'm thinking w/c should I get, the 4x4 LTZ or the 4x2 and I'll just change it's rims to 20's, because I don't like the looks of the 4x2 tbz wheels.
    Well if you don't really need the 4x4 capability, the 4x2 A/T is enough. They have the same engine AFAIK. Maybe you could drop by the Trailblazer thread for more info to help your decision making.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'm planning to get an alternate car. I currently have a 2012 hyunai accent. I know these cars are in different class, but what would you suggest as a second car for me. I'm just 23 years old. I really want the toyota 86 but i think a bigger car would be better for a second car. Right now, My first option is the forester since it's spacious, good handling, good ground clearance and I really want to have a subaru. my budget right now is more or less 1.5m.
    I'd go for the Trailblazer, especially since you already have a kid. It's got the space, it's got the speed (200hp, 500Nm!), and to top it all of, it runs on diesel. No guilt when you floor it every now and then. You'd also have to consider the poor condition of most of our roads, and the floods come typhoon season. Of course, being a ladder frame truck, don't expect it to handle anywhere near the Forester, let alone the 86. But at least you can go just about anywhere with it!

I'd consider the Forester only if it was the turbo variant. The N/A engine is quite taxed with the AWD system, so engine performance isn't exactly very inspiring.

Maybe you'd want to consider the 5 seater Sorento CRDi 6MT at 1.285M. You've got quite a lot of spare change to deck out the rather bare car, and get a very good compromise among your three choices. If you really want a 3rd row, there's the Santa Fe M/T at 1.568M.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I'd go for the Trailblazer, especially since you already have a kid. It's got the space, it's got the speed (200hp, 500Nm!), and to top it all of, it runs on diesel. No guilt when you floor it every now and then. You'd also have to consider the poor condition of most of our roads, and the floods come typhoon season. Of course, being a ladder frame truck, don't expect it to handle anywhere near the Forester, let alone the 86. But at least you can go just about anywhere with it!

I'd consider the Forester only if it was the turbo variant. The N/A engine is quite taxed with the AWD system, so engine performance isn't exactly very inspiring.

Maybe you'd want to consider the 5 seater Sorento CRDi 6MT at 1.285M. You've got quite a lot of spare change to deck out the rather bare car, and get a very good compromise among your three choices. If you really want a 3rd row, there's the Santa Fe M/T at 1.568M.
    Thanks GTi. I already made a decision that I will get a 7 seater suv. It's more practical for a second car. Any idea when will the new ford everest will come here?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks GTi. I already made a decision that I will get a 7 seater suv. It's more practical for a second car. Any idea when will the new ford everest will come here?
    Nope. There was this Everest Concept that was released in, I think, a car show in Australia. It looked close to the real thing. But then there has been no news of impending release in Thailand, so I'm sure it'll take a while.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Nope. There was this Everest Concept that was released in, I think, a car show in Australia. It looked close to the real thing. But then there has been no news of impending release in Thailand, so I'm sure it'll take a while.

Alright. So my first option now is trailblazer. And I did'nt know that there is already a MT sta fe at 1.5m. I'll just testdrive the sta fe to compare it to the trailblazer. Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012

Btw gti, does the MT sta fe has the same engine with the 4x2 AT sta fe? And is it a 6 speed or 5 speed MT?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Btw gti, does the MT sta fe has the same engine with the 4x2 AT sta fe? And is it a 6 speed or 5 speed MT?
    Yes bro. Same engine, with 6 speed manual transmission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123