New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The engine is decent on the highway... I've gotten 14 km/l on a clear stretch... but it's thirsty in traffic... averaging 6-6.5 km/l.

What I meant about long distance driving and provincial driving in general is that it's not a good car for a beginner... requiring lots of steering corrections over bumps on the highway and unsteady under heavy braking.

Still... lovely car... if only Toyota would fix the suspension... It's sad... since the previous Corolla had a pretty good suspension compared to this.
    Our unit is only 3 days old so and the weekend hasn't given much oppurtunity for city driving. I do hope with a little adjustment in driving style I could at least match the 8 km/l city mileage of our old AE101.

About the steering corrections, perhaps I was just lucky not to stumble upon highway bumps cuz the drive wasn't as unnerving as it would seem, but indeed the steering is very light. Good for parking, though.

The rear torsion beam has some extreme suspension travel, mejo nakakabigla yung high-speed turns when you're sitting at the back. Oh well I was ready for this as a sports sedan wasn't what we signed up for, but for consolation it really eats road imperfections quite well in city speeds.

I still think the Focus TDCI is the best!!A must buy!! Ok sana ang Lancer but its expensive right now dahil CBU from Japan(sana may units nang galing Thailand nito)..

Di ko trip yung Corolla 2 liter V,lakas sigurado sa battery nyan lalo na yung push start-button ang ginagamit nyan,kaya patay ka pag nawalan ng battery yang keyless entry key mo,wala pa namang metal key override yan.. Ganyan ang nangyari sa Previa ng kapitbahay namin..Yung engine-transmission nya?Sadly not as good as the Civic and Lancer and even not close on the Focus in terms of performance and execution..
    Maganda talaga yung Focus, lalo na kung performance-oriented ka. Sayang lang talaga ang let-down nung interior compared sa engine niya, tapos the styling isn't for everyone. Pero kung makukumbinse niyo yung sister mo na ok yung Focus for mileage and pulling power, ede ok.

Bout the push-start issue sa Altis. nakakatakot. Haha sana hindi mangyari samin. Maliit pa naman yung battery ng Altis. Yung sa transmission problema ko lang dun parang ang iksi ng 2nd gear. Nakakabitin kasi pag mga 3 cars or more yung oovertakean mo mapapa3rd gear ka lalo na kung mejo mabilis yung overtake. Pero ok lang naman pag lumagpas ka 3500 rpm malakas naman hatak.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Our unit is only 3 days old so and the weekend hasn't given much oppurtunity for city driving. I do hope with a little adjustment in driving style I could at least match the 8 km/l city mileage of our old AE101.

About the steering corrections, perhaps I was just lucky not to stumble upon highway bumps cuz the drive wasn't as unnerving as it would seem, but indeed the steering is very light. Good for parking, though.

The rear torsion beam has some extreme suspension travel, mejo nakakabigla yung high-speed turns when you're sitting at the back. Oh well I was ready for this as a sports sedan wasn't what we signed up for, but for consolation it really eats road imperfections quite well in city speeds.

Maganda talaga yung Focus, lalo na kung performance-oriented ka. Sayang lang talaga ang let-down nung interior compared sa engine niya, tapos the styling isn't for everyone. Pero kung makukumbinse niyo yung sister mo na ok yung Focus for mileage and pulling power, ede ok.

Bout the push-start issue sa Altis. nakakatakot. Haha sana hindi mangyari samin. Maliit pa naman yung battery ng Altis. Yung sa transmission problema ko lang dun parang ang iksi ng 2nd gear. Nakakabitin kasi pag mga 3 cars or more yung oovertakean mo mapapa3rd gear ka lalo na kung mejo mabilis yung overtake. Pero ok lang naman pag lumagpas ka 3500 rpm malakas naman hatak.
    I don't think you will. My 6 km/l was in pretty gentle conditions. It might even get as low as 5.5 in rush-hour... pero ganyan din yung automatic na Civic 2.0 and Focus 2.0, so it's no worry. Total naman... with a car this comfortable, it's a small price to pay.

The Corolla really needs a rear anti-roll bar. If you're going to start modifying, that's the first thing to do, then maybe performance brake pads... after that stiffer shocks... bigger wheels... turbo...

The push-button start thing isn't any more dangerous than a key start. For any automatic car, when the battery is dead... that's it... kaput.

But if we're talking about the battery of the remote... according to the manual, the keyfob will still activate the pushbutton if the remote battery dies... you just have to hold it right beside the start button when starting. ;) (yeah, I read the whole manual... sayang Toyota didn't put a Corolla 2.0V manual in the car... the manual is for the Camry! )

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I don't think you will. My 6 km/l was in pretty gentle conditions. It might even get as low as 5.5 in rush-hour... pero ganyan din yung automatic na Civic 2.0 and Focus 2.0, so it's no worry. Total naman... with a car this comfortable, it's a small price to pay.

The Corolla really needs a rear anti-roll bar. If you're going to start modifying, that's the first thing to do, then maybe performance brake pads... after that stiffer shocks... bigger wheels... turbo...

The push-button start thing isn't any more dangerous than a key start. For any automatic car, when the battery is dead... that's it... kaput.

But if we're talking about the battery of the remote... according to the manual, the keyfob will still activate the pushbutton if the remote battery dies... you just have to hold it right beside the start button when starting. ;) (yeah, I read the whole manual... sayang Toyota didn't put a Corolla 2.0V manual in the car... the manual is for the Camry
    Oh well I think the FC drop is more bearable than having a 1.6V Altis. It's a required trade off for the power boost.

Haha I won't be modding this thing soon, not while it's covered by warranty. Toyota's sissy staff are so particular kahit ata dikitan mo ng sticker kotse mo void na warranty.

About the push-start, I also realized na para lang siyang key since either way, pag AT nga, hindi nakakadyot. And the button/sensor on the driver's door still works kahit no batt yung remote cuz what it detects is the metal key (that looks nothing like a key) inside the keyfob which you can take out should the need arise. It's got magic in it that makes the car unlock itself

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Strictly 2.0..Altis,Civic,Lancer EX,Mazda3,Focus,Subaru