New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Nasan na yun TS? Di naman nagbigay ng specifics. Pinaghead on lang strada and ranger AT.

Personally, for me kahit parehong pickup yung dalawa, the ranger is on another level. Parang ponkan-to-sunkist comparison.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by iceblue View Post
    Not surprised you made that comment.
    Pwede mo rin silang tanungin, gusto mo bigay ko pa number nila sayo.

Just saying the truth. Last year, 8 of us bought pickups. 3 got Rangers, 4 got Stradas, 1 got a used Ranger (old model). I tried to convince those who got Stradas to get Rangers instead, but they said that even if they think the Ranger is better, they won't spend for it because they just need a workhorse.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Arz View Post
    Para sa akin, ford ranger 3.2 wildtrack andun na lahat pero depende rin Kung anu purpose mo sa truck.
    Dmax - heavy duty
    Navara - workhorse
    Strada - light duty
    Ranger - recreational

*Leo, may prob daw ang tranny ng Ranger WT kahit MT, baka matulad sayo..

Personally, I'd stay away first from those brands with known major issues.

I'm eyeing also for 3.2WT pero wait and see narin muna kung may long term solution na ang issues.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by iceblue View Post
    Meron ba akong sinabi pareho ang underpowered at turbo lag? Underpowered is underpowered. Either you agree with me or disagree basta wag ka lang magdagdag na sinabi ko. Wala ako sinabi tungkol sa turbo lag.
    You said that people in the Ranger thread commented na underpowered ang Ranger. I've been following that thread from page 1 til now and hindi lack of power ang complaint kundi yung kulang sa hatak pag mababang revs - which is exactly what turbo lag is.

I never said that you mentioned turbo lag. Perhaps it would be prudent of you to read the comment again. 😏

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    To TS

Re efficiency and maintenance

Utility-wise, the Ranga will be efficient since it got larger bed. On fuel, that depends on your load. Unladed and normal driving the 2.2 will be efficient. Give them something to haul then 2.2 will be more stressed while the 3.2 will struggle less.

Maintenance wise, Strada since its almost a century-old vehicle all kinks have now remedies and aftermarket parts are abundant.

Truth is, they all have turboe lag..be it the 3.2 4M40 or 3.2 Puma. Going with sprint booster could help, but still its like fooling the the potentiometer to respond earlier.. Attached is the detailed explanation for sprint booster and similar products.
    Sprint Booster ? Is It Worth It? | outbackjoe

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Pwede mo rin silang tanungin, gusto mo bigay ko pa number nila sayo.

Just saying the truth. Last year, 8 of us bought pickups. 3 got Rangers, 4 got Stradas, 1 got a used Ranger (old model). I tried to convince those who got Stradas to get Rangers instead, but they said that even if they think the Ranger is better, they won't spend for it because they just need a workhorse.

This is quite understandable
    If we were buying phones, an iphone is superior to most samsungs. An iphone also costs more than a Samsung
    But because many of us just need a phone for basic uses.... We tend to get the more inexpensive Strada, I mean Samsung
    As they say "kanya kanyang hilig"

But seeing the small price difference of the strada...... Get the Ranger

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    To TS

Re efficiency and maintenance

Utility-wise, the Ranga will be efficient since it got larger bed. On fuel, that depends on your load. Unladed and normal driving the 2.2 will be efficient. Give them something to haul then 2.2 will be more stressed while the 3.2 will struggle less.

Maintenance wise, Strada since its almost a century-old vehicle all kinks have now remedies and aftermarket parts are abundant.

Truth is, they all have turboe lag..be it the 3.2 4M40 or 3.2 Puma. Going with sprint booster could help, but still its like fooling the the potentiometer to respond earlier.. Attached is the detailed explanation for sprint booster and similar products.
    Sprint Booster ? Is It Worth It? | outbackjoe
    Agree. With the 3.2 Strada, lag is minimized since power is more linear than the 2.5. Don't let the paper specs fool you, I enjoyed the power of the 4m40 way more than a 4d56 vgt I get to drive usually even if the former has a traditional turbo. Tradeoff is just the higher fuel consumption and the added noise due to the bigger displacement. Im sure it goes the same way with the ranger.

Now if you're still comparing the 2.5 and 2.2 models of the two, it's safer to choose the one with the bigger displacement. I still dont trust the notion that more turbo is better than more displacement especially if we're talking about hauling.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger75 View Post
    Agree. With the 3.2 Strada, lag is minimized since power is more linear than the 2.5. Don't let the paper specs fool you, I enjoyed the power of the 4m40 way more than a 4d56 vgt I get to drive usually even if the former has a traditional turbo. Tradeoff is just the higher fuel consumption and the added noise due to the bigger displacement. Im sure it goes the same way with the ranger.

Now if you're still comparing the 2.5 and 2.2 models of the two, it's safer to choose the one with the bigger displacement. I still dont trust the notion that more turbo is better than more displacement especially if we're talking about hauling.

3.2 is 4M41
    4M40 is 2.8

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    double post
    Last edited by glenn_duke; May 31st, 2014 at 01:44 PM. Reason: double post

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    i read somewhere.. the Engine of the ranger is the same engine gamit ng LANDROVER...

and ang engine ng strada.. the same din ba engine ng L300van at ng AUV na adventure?

if i were to choose.... kung papasada ako... sa pang L300 or pang adventure na engine na ako...

But kung overall performance and pag uusapan, power, torque, fuel efficiency, noise and vibration level... i would not look who got the bigger engine.. but... sa specs. nya.. or

titingin ako sa HP nya at torque.... ayan naman talaga ang dapat natin tingnan....

wala naman sa laki ng engine yan... at madami nang mas modernong engines dyan... mas maliit pero mas malakas ang hp pati ang torque.... newer technology kung baga.....

example ko lang sainyo.. yung engine ng MB100 2.9 5cylinder.. hp power nya i think nasa 90hp lang....

napunta lang lahat sa diesel yung power nya.... i mean malakas lang sa diesel...

IMO the engine of the ranger is completely a different animal compared to the engine of the strada...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast