New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    bring it on guys. another one bites the dust.... one after the other. navarra - strada - navarra - strada......... how amusing. pick up trucks were made to be used as trucks, that is to haul things, to carry heavy loads, for towing trailers etc and of course for off roads. in short, a truck has to be rugged enough to do these tasks. some say it rides like a car, what the.....! its only a psycho-tactile feeling and nothing more than that. its never a car in the first place. its more reasonable to discuss within the criteria of a truck.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I'd love to have those remarkable red hi-lux that jeremy clarkson brought in the arctic.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    You said that CRDI technology was developed by the European Nations. And that Nissan's now French and Mitsu's still American. Based on that you go for Nissan for having adopted the eco-friendly CRDI technology.

ThE Strada is now CRDI equipped and Euro II compliant.

Quote Originally Posted by jatcos View Post
    CRDI technology was already present during the era of old engines, but not in the Phils. This technology was recently adopted globally to cope up with problem of fuel shortage and stringent regulations for NOx reduction. European nations were the first ones to adopt this technology because they developed it. It so happened that Nissan's now French and Mitsu's still American. Americans are well known to be non-responsive to eco-friendly engines because of the politics in oil. They have even killed the electric cars.

Technology wise, id go for the French. Mitsus are just flashy and full of aesthetics, its even considered as a lemon brand in the US.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rufboxster View Post
    I'd love to have those remarkable red hi-lux that jeremy clarkson brought in the arctic.
    On this one...I agree. I'm currently watching this episode as a type.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jatcos
    European nations were the first ones to adopt this technology because they developed it. It so happened that Nissan's now French and Mitsu's still American. Americans are well known to be non-responsive to eco-friendly engines because of the politics in oil.
    so you're saying that since Mitsu's American then they are not eco-friendly? so howcome that the Strada is Euro II compliant and a lot of people from the UK bought the Mitsu L200?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    bring it on guys. another one bites the dust.... one after the other. navarra - strada - navarra - strada......... how amusing. pick up trucks were made to be used as trucks, that is to haul things, to carry heavy loads, for towing trailers etc and of course for off roads. in short, a truck has to be rugged enough to do these tasks. some say it rides like a car, what the.....! its only a psycho-tactile feeling and nothing more than that. its never a car in the first place. its more reasonable to discuss within the criteria of a truck.
    I agree 100%. But pick-up trucks have evolved through the years. Before, there was only single cab with a long truck bed, obviously, for hauling duties. Then later on, they realized that it was also good to make it a people carrier, hence, the double cab, making it more versatile. Since it has become a people carrier, wouldn't you want a more comfortable ride?

A number of buyers nowadays select the trucks that will fit their lifestyle, with the extra luggage space as a bonus, and not the other way around (buyer adjusting to the truck). Even if it doesn't sound right, it has become a lifestyle vehicle.

Personally, from the current model pick-ups, the navara would not be among the top on my list. One major thing I don't like about it is the wide turning radius. It's a PITA in narrow streets. The wheel bolt holes also have unusual measurement. I like the design of the front, though.

If I'd choose based on the real truck criteria and offroad abilities, I'd rather get the ford ranger 3.0 TDCI 4x4 or the newly released isuzu dmax boondock. At least, they have tons of public off-road events which proved their mettle.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007

hehehehe....me too. an arctic truck dito sa pinas....

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    hahaha... Arctic truck FTW!
    Bring that to London and you'll be thrown with tomatoes.

Just how the Hilux able compete anyway? Toyota's aren't that bullet-proof than you think they are. Though they are reliable, but 5th Gear doesn't even want to recommend them.
    Last edited by drey; April 10th, 2008 at 10:16 AM.
    iam3739.com

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by moxxxs View Post
    Ows??? How about a race then???
    You might be disappointed with your Strada... the Navarra is the reigning pickup power king... and is the fastest from 0-100kph (v-box timed).

I'm a big fan of the Strada... love the looks & interior (and am still contemplating on getting one until now)... but the Navarra's engine is just awesome.

And oh... the Navarra won in pickup category of the 4th Annual C! Awards:

http://www.bigbigcar.com/boards/Defa...g=posts&t=1117 (pictures & more details later)

bigbigcar.com Review: Toyota Avanza 1.5G

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    2008 model nga navara BOX TYPE naman..hehehe

tsaka yung interior ng navara plain na plain..walang ka angas angas..mono chromatic(one shade) color brown parang yung mga lumang oto..

2006 nga yung strada pero mas hndi naman mukang box type and mas ma angas naman porma kahit san angulo mo tignan..

interior palang ma panalo na sa ganda may play ng dark and light colors..angat na angat..

all i can say may taste ang mga strada owners and mga na kaka apreciate nito..

go strada go!!

peace to all OM SHANTI

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Strada or Navarra