New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by asyong View Post
    up ko lang to ng makita ni czildjianako
    thanks boss asyong! anyway, ito nagawa ko na comparison.

Strada GLX (Euro 2 compliant)
    Unit Price 908,000
    15% DP 136,200
    Amount to Finance 771,800
    LTO 10,036
    Compre 24,093
    Chattel 31,859
    Discount (20,000)
    Total CashOut 182,188
    Monthly (6yrs) 16,598
    Safety Features 2 airbags
    Exterior Features f fog lamps,
    bed-liner,
    side-step brd
    Other better cabin
    smaller bed

Trekker M/T
    Unit Price 971,000
    15% DP 145,650
    Amount to Finance 825,350
    LTO Free
    Compre Free
    Chattel Free
    Discount (46,650) - diff of 15%dp and 99k
    Total CashOut 99,000 (Current Promo ends 4/30/08
    Monthly (6yrs) 17,966 (In house)
    Safety Features 2 airbags,ABS,EBD,LSD
    Exterior Features f fog lamps
    no bed liner
    no side step brd (???)
    Other Rear defogger,
    bigger bed

The trekker is easier to own just 99k cash out but you have to bear with the higher monthly (difference of 98,496 petot total in 6 years).

Anyway, those numbers above are based on the computation I got from Mitsubishi Dasma Cavite and Ford Cavite.

So far, what I would like to know is reliability/durability of both trucks. Without bias and with all honesty from both owners please share if there are any... minor man or major issues. He he... sensya na mga bossing masyado demanding. This will be my first pick-up hopefully and I'm planning to get coming december. He he sana mas maganda discounting when that time comes. Pang business at pang family car na rin ang gamit. Employee po ako sa semicon company pero meron sideline na egg dealer biz so I normally go to layer farms hauling eggs if the farm fails to deliver.

Great thread anyway...
    Last edited by czildjianako; April 29th, 2008 at 05:34 PM. Reason: wrong formatting

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    sir, in my opinion, both cars are durable and reliable.

if your carrying eggs, well, go with strada for softer more carlike ride. but if you are carrying something heavier, ranger has higher torque.

if you will buy at the end of the year, most likely they will give you discount because it will be 07 instead of 08.

now with the price difference you mentioned, its not bad because you have ABS,EBD,LSD that GLX doesnt offer. on the other note, bedcovers are less than P10K, stepboard are around that price as well.

you can probably haggle for free LTO, etc for both unit.

again sir, both your choices are good.

read the strada and ranger thread, you will get the owner's feedback on their trucks. also...drive them both.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    sir, salamat sa honest advise nyo. yep your right nga bossing regarding softer car-like ride which is ideal for hauling 200 trays of eggs.

yes, mainly the reason why end of year plus, based on advises, rates are lower but I really don't know if this is true.

this is indeed a dilema kasi I like both cars and both are really good. he he if I can only get them both

anyway, paconfirm naman mga bossing kung tama ba length ng bed:

strada - 1.325 m (bed interior length)
    trekker - 1.753 m ( is this interior bed length too???)

mukhang significant kasi yung difference pag ganyan?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    sir,

I am assuming that the ranger would have a bigger bed. thats one of the problem with strada is the smaller bed, to give way to a bigger passenger space and ergometrics. it's something you have to think about, are you going to carry more passengers in comfort or more on cargo. another thing to consider is FC. With gas/diesel prices going up, that's one consideration. If Strada didn't show up, my next choice would be the Ranger.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    sir,

I am assuming that the ranger would have a bigger bed. thats one of the problem with strada is the smaller bed, to give way to a bigger passenger space and ergometrics. it's something you have to think about, are you going to carry more passengers in comfort or more on cargo. another thing to consider is FC. With gas/diesel prices going up, that's one consideration. If Strada didn't show up, my next choice would be the Ranger.
    akala ko kasi sir its only smaller in a non-significant length but from the specs hindi pala. well, its both sir...carry more passengers during weekend and more eggs pag pupunta ng farm. i'll do the math muna for the strada's bed dimension kung kaya mafit 200 trays.

anyways, totoo ba na wala ng strada GLS 4x4 yung 2.5 lang? sabi kasi sa casa wala na puro 3.2 nalang.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by czildjianako View Post
    akala ko kasi sir its only smaller in a non-significant length but from the specs hindi pala. well, its both sir...carry more passengers during weekend and more eggs pag pupunta ng farm. i'll do the math muna for the strada's bed dimension kung kaya mafit 200 trays.

anyways, totoo ba na wala ng strada GLS 4x4 yung 2.5 lang? sabi kasi sa casa wala na puro 3.2 nalang.
    meron pa sir. if tinangal nila yun, mawawala ang isang market nila. if ganyan na ang SA nakausap ninyo, mag palit kayo ng SA. maybe niloloko lang kayo to get the higher variant. whatever your decision, with either vehicles, you wont go wrong.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    meron pa sir. if tinangal nila yun, mawawala ang isang market nila. if ganyan na ang SA nakausap ninyo, mag palit kayo ng SA. maybe niloloko lang kayo to get the higher variant. whatever your decision, with either vehicles, you wont go wrong.
    maybe nga sir niloloko ako pero kasi sa mitsu website listed pa siya pati ang L200 4x4 GLX ay listed parin. hindi kaya hindi updated yun site ng mitsu?

sir, last question. may narinig kasi ako isyu sa steering column ng strada... how true is it?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by czildjianako View Post
    maybe nga sir niloloko ako pero kasi sa mitsu website listed pa siya pati ang L200 4x4 GLX ay listed parin. hindi kaya hindi updated yun site ng mitsu?

sir, last question. may narinig kasi ako isyu sa steering column ng strada... how true is it?
    sad to say but it's true. some of our club members had that replaced free of charge of course from mitsubishi. its not something that will endanger the lives of the driver nor passengers, it has a bad sound (as they say). havent experienced that yet with my strada.

again, read both threads and you will get the feedback from the owners. at the end of the day, there most be one thing that your eyes are looking for, when you find out what it is...go for it.

sana lang strada ang makita mo. heheheh. j/k.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    sad to say but it's true. some of our club members had that replaced free of charge of course from mitsubishi. its not something that will endanger the lives of the driver nor passengers, it has a bad sound (as they say). havent experienced that yet with my strada.

again, read both threads and you will get the feedback from the owners. at the end of the day, there most be one thing that your eyes are looking for, when you find out what it is...go for it.

sana lang strada ang makita mo. heheheh. j/k.
    if mitsu will replace it free of charge then no big deal at all but i hope its now corrected. he he if the dealer can give free lto, compre, and chattel just like what ford is doing then its strada na... but who knows baka sa december.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    czildjianako - sir av8or5 has made a very good analysis here and yup, it is difficult for you to make a wrong choice between the two kasi nga panalo sila both. As for your cargo, I'd go for the Strada hands down, it's the best riding pick-up today, it makes long drives a breeze.

The steering column noise is very minor.

No LTO, Chattel, Comp Ins? Malaki naman ang price difference from the Trekker so for me ok na yun, Strada na for me for this deal.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Strada GLX vs. Ranger TREKKER ???