New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    I have seen a version of the 4D56 license-made by Kia being advertised as CRDi even featuring indirect injection...
    what? can please you show us a link or a write-up about that product?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    If we say ceteris paribus, the strada because it's much more versatile and filipinos love a pick-up in the provinces.
    Agree. Karamihan parin ng province ngayon hindi maganda ang kalsada.

Pick up would still be the best for provincial use. Or SUV.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    *GTi: ha ha..but I can't argue with you as the Advie is indeed on the slow side when overtaking.

*SG: so would that mean that the Tucson may not fare well in negotiating bad roads? The main purpose pa naman sana of the next car would be for long travel that will negotiate the riddled-under re-pavement roads along Nueva Vizcaya up to San Jose, Nueva Ecija stretching 2-3 hours. The Tucson won't be able to take that beating on a monthly basis? The i10 did for 3X but I was so guilt stricken. he he..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by torque&pepper View Post
    *GTi: ha ha..but I can't argue with you as the Advie is indeed on the slow side when overtaking.

*SG: so would that mean that the Tucson may not fare well in negotiating bad roads? The main purpose pa naman sana of the next car would be for long travel that will negotiate the riddled-under re-pavement roads along Nueva Vizcaya up to San Jose, Nueva Ecija stretching 2-3 hours. The Tucson won't be able to take that beating on a monthly basis? The i10 did for 3X but I was so guilt stricken. he he..
    Kung long travel lang, maganda sana ang Tucson. Kapag long drive na full of lubak, hindi na gaano. AFAIK medyo malambot kasi ang pang-ilalim niyan kaya hindi magandang ipagparusahan lagi. Baka hindi magtagal puro kalampag ka na. Sa CUV segment ang alam kong kayang takbuhan ng ganon are the Escape, Grand Vitara and perhaps also the X-Trail. Or, you can just go for the Strada.

Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    what? can please you show us a link or a write-up about that product?
    There is a version of the 4D56 currently fitted with common-rail and indirect injection still fitted with the old 8-valve head for cost-cutting, used by Kia in the Bongo K-2500 TCi, also used in the Hyundai Porter in some markets such as Brazil, where I'm currently living.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    There is a version of the 4D56 currently fitted with common-rail and indirect injection still fitted with the old 8-valve head for cost-cutting, used by Kia in the Bongo K-2500 TCi, also used in the Hyundai Porter in some markets such as Brazil, where I'm currently living.
    That's odd. Can you give us a link? AFAIK, the K2500 TCi and Hyundai H100/Porter use the old Starex's 4D56 engine with 94ps and 221Nm. That's just turbo intercooler (not sure if its got direct injection), but definitely no commonrail. Though they do have a 2.5L CRDi engine available with 126ps/3800rpm and 250Nm/1500-3250rpm, and it even has an optional 4 speed A/T.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    O, GTi bumirit ka nanaman ng AFAIK tungkol sa Tucson kahit di mo pa nasusubukan. :hammer:

Quote Originally Posted by torque&pepper View Post
    Kaya naman kung kinaya ng i10. At syempre mas ok kesa ride ng i10 diba. Kung gagamitin mo dyan ang Tucson, pwede naman, just do it with care.

Sa Strada kasi, kahit bara bara kang magmaneho diyan ok lang kasi ang tibay ng pang-ilalim ng pick up. Dahil yun din ang purpose ng pick up.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Tnx GTi and SG for your inputs. Will update later.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    O, GTi bumirit ka nanaman ng AFAIK tungkol sa Tucson kahit di mo pa nasusubukan. :hammer:
    Haha~ kahit as far as I know lang yan pero totoo naman diba? Marami rin namang matututo sa pagbabasa dito. Kundi mabibirit lang natin yung meron natin.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Mas malambot ilalim ng X-Trail. Kaso mas matibay nga lang.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Strada 2.5L diesel o Tucson 2.0L gas