New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks! Dito nga yung naka display na Dark Blue AT na kukunin ko sana nabili the next day! -- Pero OK lang kasi ayaw ko ng display unit eh.

About the Starex, yeah we were a fan too. But they seem to have gotten really big-headed now. Imagine, for a 1.5M BASE unit MT wala pang rear wiper at 3rd brake light!? Sure they increased the size pero it's too big for those looking for an SWB heavy duty carrier. Kaya ayun, mas konti na naglalabas ngayon. And with that, support may go out the window very soon -- probably in favor of the SF.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hey bro Pup2, please post pics of your new ride so that we can all see it!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Maybe I'll show the inside na lang. hehehe. Seriously, wala pa akong digicam at yung cel ko wala pang synch sa sobrang luma eh.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Pup2, don't worry sir... It looks good naman eh, malaki lang talaga sya for a minivan.

Siguro, this is what I get for watching to many Korean films... Marami din kasi Ssangyong ang gamit. Hihihih...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Pup2, don't worry sir... It looks good naman eh, malaki lang talaga sya for a minivan.

Siguro, this is what I get for watching to many Korean films... Marami din kasi Ssangyong ang gamit. Hihihih...
    What I really needed was the equivalent of the Gen 3 SWB Starex na iba lang ang itsura at new. The MPVs are too small for this, the vans are too big, and the Carnival a bit too expensive and light for the price.

Now if only that butt looked better and parts support more widespread, I bet it'll sell in droves. But even Hyundai started out with the buggy H100 so here's hoping the Stavic will go the same way.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    What I really needed was the equivalent of the Gen 3 SWB Starex na iba lang ang itsura at new. The MPVs are too small for this, the vans are too big, and the Carnival a bit too expensive and light for the price.

Now if only that butt looked better and parts support more widespread, I bet it'll sell in droves. But even Hyundai started out with the buggy H100 so here's hoping the Stavic will go the same way.

Well said pup2.... (Same is true for your previous post)...

I'll be on that fork in approximately a couple of years' time. Not sure what will I get as replacement.... Am closely monitoring, so appreciate feedbacks of your ride's performance....TIA....

5303:burp:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Well said pup2.... (Same is true for your previous post)...

I'll be on that fork in approximately a couple of years' time. Not sure what will I get as replacement.... Am closely monitoring, so appreciate feedbacks of your ride's performance....TIA....

5303:burp:

Haay naku bro. Ang hirap talaga. Actually, last year ko pa siya dapat palitan. Dinagdag ko na nga search ko including the lower end mid-sized SUVs eh. Bale dapat last year 2 ang papalitan ko. Dapat nga nauna pa ang Starex. In the end, nauna pa FXT ko kahit over a year ako naghahanap ng pampalit dun sa Starex namin.

I was almost going for the Carnival LWB when I noticed na sa baba ng roofline, medyo mahirap pumasok. Add to that the price (and the drastically fewer airbags), the non-movable 2nd row seats, and the much lower payload capacity (700 kgs only) kaya nag Stavic na ako. Gusto ko pa naman sana yung red na carnival.

At least sa stavic, yung itsura lang at (again) fewer airbags problema ko. Para bang path of least resistance? Or lesser of evils? Getting caught between a rock and hard place, etc. And my family was willing to forego the look. Ako naman willing magsuot ng mascara. I hope to be pleasantly surprised by it's utility though. And much as the H100 slowly crept it's way into our hearts as the Starex, I'm hoping people will realize the value in the Stavic.

Sige, will keep you posted. Pero sa pagsakay pa lang, the 360 degree captain's chairs looked mighty comfy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Starex vs Carnival LWB vs Stavic (Gasp!)