New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Sa Innova ka na. Mas trust ko Japanese Cars (Oppinion lang po PEACE!) and brand new pa. Wala nang tanongtanong GO FOR INNOVA. Bumili yung kapitbahay ko ng Inova may free electric scooter.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Get the Innova bro.... AT trans na kunin mo

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Why do people keep bumping this two-year old thread?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    sorry po.... ang tagal na pala nitong thread na ito...

ano na kaya nabili nya?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    crosswind hahaha

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Why do people keep bumping this two-year old thread?
    I was actually looking for threads comparing the Starex and the Innova and I got to this old thread. In my case, I am trying to choose between the existing model CRDI AT Starex and the Innova V. The Starex is around 100K more expensive but my kids want it because of the enormous space it provides. I want it because of the 145 hp it provides (vs the 102 hp of the innova). My buy-and-sell friend advises me to get the innova for better resale value. I'm quite scared of getting caught in floods and the innova seems to have a little more clearance.

I actually made a 10K deposit for the innova v last july. Up to now, there is no unit available. If there is none until the end of the month, I guess I have no more choice but to get the Starex.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    I was actually looking for threads comparing the Starex and the Innova and I got to this old thread. In my case, I am trying to choose between the existing model CRDI AT Starex and the Innova V. The Starex is around 100K more expensive but my kids want it because of the enormous space it provides. I want it because of the 145 hp it provides (vs the 102 hp of the innova). My buy-and-sell friend advises me to get the innova for better resale value. I'm quite scared of getting caught in floods and the innova seems to have a little more clearance.

I actually made a 10K deposit for the innova v last july. Up to now, there is no unit available. If there is none until the end of the month, I guess I have no more choice but to get the Starex.

Yup bro.,- get the Starex before they jack up the price on the new body...

3808:fish:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As niky has often stressed, ground clearance is just one factor in determining how capable of crossing flooded streets a vehicle may be. Other points to consider are the placement of the vehicle's air intake and electricals.

For the 2006 Starex, the air intake is mounted at headlight level, and its alternator is positioned near the top in the engine bay. Here's a photo for reference:

I can't comment on the Innova though, as I don't have a photo of its engine bay.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post

I'd go with the Starex on this. It's just not as compact as the Innova for day to day single person driving, but then that's subjective. My Dad takes his 11 seater Starex to work everyday, and he's not complaining about feeling like a driver.

The power of the new Starex is just fun to have. Although it might come in a bit late (at least for my taste), once you have it, you'll love it. As to the floods, how high are the ones you commonly pass through anyway? I've driven our 9 seater through knee deep floods. Had to dry out the brakes a bit, but other than that, no problem. If you're planning to wade through much deeper water on a regular basis, perhaps you need a pick -up or a full sized SUV instead?

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    you know if you think bout it the starex engine is located quite high.. even higher than 90% of jeepneys running around in metro manila.. if you really want to cross flooding streets. take your time and observe how deep the water is by looking at the other cars passing throught then take your turn to cross...and talking bout floods,, i wish cars and those scared to cross flooded streets will try their best to move to the side of the road and let trucks and buses pass so that traffic will not be blocked... oh well......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Starex and Toyota Innova