New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Odyssey. As good as Korean cars are now these days, they still really haven't exactly reached the level of some of the Japanese brands with reputations for reliability yet in my opinion, based on stories by 2 different Starex owners I know of having similar situations of small things breaking down one-by-one in their vans as time goes on. Plus, dealers would make you jump through hoops of fire to claim anything under warranty, so don't factor the 5-year warranty as something superior.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Saw the Odyssey in the flesh kanina sa Honda Libis, ang ganda! And its senior friendly, tamang tama yung step in height nya for senior people na hirap na sumampa sa mga matataas na sasakyan. Seriously considering one for my parents if and when they decide to replace their Grand Starex.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Not sure about the space difference between the two but I'm betting the GS has more vertical space at least. I also prefer the Odyssey. A lot less common, better looking and better build quality. The 2.4L might be slow when loaded though.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    it's going to be driven mostly in the city lang naman so power isn't really that big of an issue.

*jave: it's not just about the reliability but also the parts availability. my friends cr-v got rear ended and honda took 2 months just to replace the bumper. this will be my sister's only car so incase something needs to be replaced she can't wait weeks or even months just to have it repaired.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

it's going to be driven mostly in the city lang naman so power isn't really that big of an issue.

*jave: it's not just about the reliability but also the parts availability. my friends cr-v got rear ended and honda took 2 months just to replace the bumper. this will be my sister's only car so incase something needs to be replaced she can't wait weeks or even months just to have it repaired.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Odyssey has paddle shifters so its already a winner in my book

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    to be honest i don't think a van really needs a paddle shifter.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Just read the article re: Odyssey launch from Inquirer.net. 3rd row of the Odyssey folds flat. Really flat as in floor level if the pictures are right. Looks like it wins the (usable) space department. Just looks a little tight width-wise at 1800mm.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    *forestex:

Point. Though I don't really have a lot of confidence in Hyundai dealers when it comes to parts, too, based on the horror stories I've been hearing from said Starex owners I know. Unless we're talking about Banawe and the like.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*forestex:

Point. Though I don't really have a lot of confidence in Hyundai dealers when it comes to parts, too, based on the horror stories I've been hearing from said Starex owners I know. Unless we're talking about Banawe and the like.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    to be honest i don't think a van really needs a paddle shifter.
    Well its a quirk I have

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    On a side note, why is the Toyota Alphard so expensive?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast