New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Santa Fe for me.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    dunno 'bout the pilot. but if I were to choose between Sta. Fe and Explorer. I'd still choose the Explorer. since pareho na naman gas guzzler ito.

*mazdamazda is right for saying pseudo-expedition ride ang explorer. we have one and it's definitely a taller and bigger ride than the Sta Fe. but only if you value these advantages over the sta fe. Sta. fe is for the sporty type.

If I have it my way and I'm not concerned about gasoline prices, eto lang talaga dalawang ito ang gusto ko laman ng garage ko.
    V6 Sta. Fe and V6 Explorer. total bliss! sarap

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Explorer. these are expensive vehicles and expensive cars loose their resale value faster than those who considerably cheaper. i believe Honda's badge cant stop the fact that Pilot will lose a big chunk of its value once it hits 2nd hand car lot. my point: Santa Fe is also worth considering sans the resale.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ewan ko kung bakit naisipan ng Honda na lagyan ng third row seating ang Pilot (pure marketing siguro para lang masabi na 8 seater ang capacity). bata, unano, payat, lang ang pwedeng umupo sa third row. walang leg room para sa adult.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    explorer!

5 times ko nang inuwi sa samar ito.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Explorer depreciates badly, but so do all big gasoline SUVs.

I love it, it's relatively big, very comfortable, handles well and has decent power. It's definitely a gas guzzler, but then, the Pilot only comes in gas version, too.

I'd take a look at the Sorento or Santa Fe if you're concerned about gas prices.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    value-wise, i'd go for the sta fe simply because its the only one with a diesel engine. besides, i believe that hyundai has improved a lot in many aspects over the years. proof of this is the ever increasing number of hyundai vehicles you see on the road nowadays

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by n2knee
    ewan ko kung bakit naisipan ng Honda na lagyan ng third row seating ang Pilot (pure marketing siguro para lang masabi na 8 seater ang capacity). bata, unano, payat, lang ang pwedeng umupo sa third row. walang leg room para sa adult.
    that's true for most small to mid-sized SUVs though. if you want comfortable third row seating, then opt for full-sized SUVs, or better yet, a minivan! as for the comparo, sa US market, pilot pa rin ako.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sta Fe vs Pilot vs Explorer