New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you're getting the crosswind, wag ka kuha A/T, baka tubuan ka ugat sa bagal wehehehe, kami naka sportivo M/T pero nababagalan pa din...pero cguro sanayan lang din, 1st time kong nag drive ng diesel e, dati puro gas engines

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Innova syempre. I dont like the ride of Sportivo. maingay na, matagtag pa. Kakabili pa lang ng Bro-in law ko ng Black Sportivo A/T at napansin ko na napaka-usok while climbing cannon road. Mukhang nabibilaukan while shifting gears.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I just want to share an objective view on this discussion:

For me it still depends on the preference of the user. I just owned a 2007 Sportivo AT. I was also able to test drive the new Innova G Diesel that was my alternative choice in buying. These are my personal observations:

RIDING COMFORT
    Innova Diesel is just like driving a car. But with the new SPORTIVO, I was surprised to feel like it was softer to ride than the INNOVA due maybe to the fact the Innova had smaller wheels or maybe it had over inflated tires. Of course driving SPORTIVO is just like driving a pick up.

ENGINE NOISE:
    I believe the new SPORTIVO (2007) has already improved. I knew how noisy XWIND was before. But when I compared the noise with that of the INNOVA diesel, they have the same engine noise outside. Meaning, XWIND has already managed to minimize noise and vibration of the engine. Though Innova seemed quieter if you were inside due to a more compact interior.

EXTERIOR:
    I like the SPORTIVO more than the INNOVA.

INTERIOR:
    Innova beats hands-down the SPORTIVO. It's the XWIND interior that has not improved. If XWIND want to maintain market, then it's high time that they also improve its interior.

AUDIO SETUP:
    Sportivo has a DVD system though INNOVA has, for me, a better sound balance that you don't need additional sub woofer for the INNOVA to sound good inside.

ENGINE PERFORMANCE:
    Innova beats hands-down again SPORTIVO. The INNOVA diesel takes easy to accelerate from low speed and it accelerates as though you are driving a gas variant. SPORTIVO took time to get to its top speed. SPORTIVO is not for those after speed and performance.

FUEL EFFICIENCY
    I did not have a chance to measure both performances.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Innova is great in terms of porma at practicality at resale value wala ka problema sa parts kasi toyota yan at better di siya ginagawa pang colorum kay di takaw huli at easy to drive at good air conditioning and even the ground model is great

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sportivo or Innova?? Pls help