New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydelion View Post
    My area gets flooded easily so I need a car that has higher ground clearance.
    EcoSport combines high ground clearance with high-mounted vital components under the hood. This allows it to wade through 550mm of water.
    I think the Avanza would be a close 2nd. Though I believe the EcoSport has an advantage in terms of driving dynamics, NVH and safety.

All EcoSport trim levels have dual-airbags and ABS. All AT (Powershift) models have Electronic Stability Control.
    Last edited by AG4; May 22nd, 2014 at 01:19 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    7 seater yung dalawa.. 5 seater lang yung isa.. kung 5 seater lang naman kailangan mo go with the Ecosport.. kaya lang hindi pa nga daw perfected yung matic nya..

mas maganda siguro kung Spin 1.5 AT vs Avanza 1.5 G AT vs Suzuki Ertiga GLX AT ang i compare nyo sir.. lahat 7 seater.. and same price range..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    In reference to your choices... the one that would fit most of your requirements would be the Avanza since its the older option among the three. Although I would choose the Spin preferably the diesel variant. But if it werent part of your choices I would be looking at the Adventure or Crosswind.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Does the spin have a good after sales service? I intend to buy a vehicle this sept. Im narrowing my choices between the spin, innova or the avanza.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ok sana Ecosport pero iwas pusoy ako sa DCT nya; questionable reliability...

The Spin diesel seems interesting given its economy and torque; pero no idea sa reliability or after-sales...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    based on your requirements, AVANZA ang dapat mong choice.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    my brother has recently bought a spin. it has dual tranny, very responsive engine and got the looks you always wanted. just test drive one and youll kow the difference. features for features, avanza is miles away from spin. masyadong common tingnan ang avanza, pang taxi kasi. there is something within us that yearns to make a difference. spin, youlll never regret.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shelu View Post
    my brother has recently bought a spin. it has dual tranny, very responsive engine and got the looks you always wanted. just test drive one and youll kow the difference. features for features, avanza is miles away from spin. masyadong common tingnan ang avanza, pang taxi kasi. there is something within us that yearns to make a difference. spin, youlll never regret.
    What was your brother's after sales experience?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydelion View Post
    I kept on revoke my decision and I still don't know what to buy. My considerations are below:

1. Low maintenance cost
    2. Cheaper parts and easier access to get parts just in case
    3. Durability and reliability
    4. Resale price (I'll use this car for 4-6 years only)
    5. Performance

I read bad sides of each car so it made me confused a lot more.

Please tell me pros and cons on each car based on my needs. Thanks!
    The safest choice would be the Avanza. It ticks most of your boxes. Being a Toyota means excellent reliability, cheap and abundant parts and excellent resale value. The other two are new to the market so reliability and parts supply are still questionable.

But then if flooding is a concern, I suggest you get an Innova instead. Even a 2nd hand unit will suffice.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it's been three months.. i wonder what threadstarter decided on getting?
    if none yet, might i re-iterate, get an innova diesel .. MT or AT.. even if pre-owned.. "hindi ka magsisisi.." (wag lang abusado yung previous owner).

baka may sukli ka pa sa budget mo..
    Last edited by dr. d; August 24th, 2014 at 10:08 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast