New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by indiej View Post
    i'm referring to the hatch. you can also fit a wheelchair upright leaning forward in it.

with it you get a moderate headturner. they'll dismiss you up front, then boom, they see your bum. it's moreso at night with the parklights.

with compacts, you sacrifice space for zippy speed and in its price level, the focus tdci is one of the quickest. with an AUV or SUV you'd get great luggage space.
    Cool! I wonder exactly how much bigger the boot of the sedan is vs the hatch. I'm planning to go back to the casa with my photo gear and try fitting them in the cars with the salesman

Quote Originally Posted by jozef_10 View Post
    maybe you saw the fc figures of the 3.2 strada. there's a 2.5 variant.

anyway i think you are dead set in getting the focus it's a great car! you'll go fast without burning a hole in your pocket
    Oh I was looking at the 3.2 variant nga! I want automatic transmission kasi eh hehe

Does anyone know how the 3.2 A/T Strada is in fuel consumption? Sobrang ok ba yung Strada?

Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The focus' cargo space might be good enough but passenger space is cramped compared to say an altis or civic...

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    The focus' cargo space might be good enough but passenger space is cramped compared to say an altis or civic...
    Yeah I noticed it's a bit smaller but I tried it out and it's more than enough for me

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerjoe5 View Post
    I'm referring to the Diesel TDCi variant of the Focus They now have it in the sedan.
    I was answering another poster who commented that the Focus is a gas guzzler. While it may be a thirsty car, I'm finding that many modern "compacts" are very thirsty, since they're all very heavy, with big engines.

I consistently am finding fuel consumption of 10-12 km/l (heavy foot driving) and 15-18 km/l (steady driving mixed city and highway) all over the internet.
    The lowest I've ever seen was 7.5. That's three kilometers in traffic, from a cold start (this is my "school run" for my kid... I get around 4 km/l here in the CR-V and 5 km/l in my modified car... a typical brand new 2.0 gasser will get between 5-6 km/l here.

But in normal rush hour driving, you will typically see between 8.5 - 12 km/l with the Powershift.

20+ km/l requires patience and a light right foot. Difficult, because the TDCi really likes to run...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    *sir niky
    May TDCi pa rin po ba sa 2012 Focus?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    *sir niky
    There should be. Any compact that competes in the European market needs a good diesel.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I was answering another poster who commented that the Focus is a gas guzzler. While it may be a thirsty car, I'm finding that many modern "compacts" are very thirsty, since they're all very heavy, with big engines.

The lowest I've ever seen was 7.5. That's three kilometers in traffic, from a cold start (this is my "school run" for my kid... I get around 4 km/l here in the CR-V and 5 km/l in my modified car... a typical brand new 2.0 gasser will get between 5-6 km/l here.

But in normal rush hour driving, you will typically see between 8.5 - 12 km/l with the Powershift.

20+ km/l requires patience and a light right foot. Difficult, because the TDCi really likes to run...
    Ouch, such gas guzzlers those other cars!

I'm wondering, how's the suspension of the Focus? Is it durable? Baka madaling masira naman?

Thanks for the input! Much appreciated

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    *sir niky
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    There should be. Any compact that competes in the European market needs a good diesel.
    I hope so! I'm guesstimating I can get a car by October, but if I hold on I might be able to get the newer model and maybe pay less on installment too.

Pero baka sobrang mahal naman the newer model compared to the current one?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I hope so! I'm guesstimating I can get a car by October, but if I hold on I might be able to get the newer model and maybe pay less on installment too.

Pero baka sobrang mahal naman the newer model compared to the current one?
    2011 pa ata or 2012 ilalabas yung next generation focus..

from what I gleaned from focus owner feedbacks * FCP... it seems that the shocks and engine mounts suffer from the weight of the focus

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    2011 pa ata or 2012 ilalabas yung next generation focus..

from what I gleaned from focus owner feedbacks * FCP... it seems that the shocks and engine mounts suffer from the weight of the focus
    You're regarding to the current one? Talaga? Where can I read up on the FCP?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Spacious car with good fuel consumption: How is the Ford Focus?