New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    pick perhaps .. toyota hilux maybe? hahaha LOL!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I tend to agree. The thick tires of the Forester should provide a smooth ride. But, I'd take the XT because it's guaranteed to have a suspension tout enough to handle quick takeoffs and fast cruising. The normally aspirated version may not be as well-equipped. I could be wrong though. I haven't test-driven the N/A version.
    Our local 2.5 turbo XT actually rides pretty smoothly... Don't think they needed to firm up the suspension for added traction... AWD, remember?

Auto_Xer just got back from a track day with one... C! Magazine tuner challenger... they ran a Forester with an STi turbo, an HKS exhaust, unichip, STi brakes, full coilovers... over 300whp on a 4-speed automatic wagon... pure madness.
    Last edited by niky; April 15th, 2008 at 10:07 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Choose a car that has a wide and long wheel base. Camry, Accord, Cefiro, MAzda 6 and a Galant

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SeismicMan View Post
    Thanks so much to all your replies fellow Tsikoters... How about the new grand starex? Smooth din ba ride nun? How about the FC?

CR-V? yup I have driven one before and the ride is also smooth... Also the accord smooth din... However, I still need your advises. keep it coming. Thanks
    Depends on the trim variant... AFAIR between 1.3 to 1.6M.

If you are being chauffeured around, this is a winner in my books... very spacious interior and doesn't look as boxy as the other vans out there.

bigbigcar.com Review: Toyota Avanza 1.5G

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^Tama, di mukang refrigerator na may gulong (*ahem* Toyota Hi-ace *ahem*)

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Our local 2.5 turbo XT actually rides pretty smoothly... Don't think they needed to firm up the suspension for added traction... AWD, remember?

Auto_Xer just got back from a track day with one... C! Magazine tuner challenger... they ran a Forester with an STi turbo, an HKS exhaust, unichip, STi brakes, full coilovers... over 300whp on a 4-speed automatic wagon... pure madness.

Ikaw Niky ha, kinakalimutan mo ride ko! hehehe. Is that madness na crazy o madness na di siya ang may ari? hahaha. BTW, did you ever find out about the VBOX times ng FXT at Impreza WRX -- bakit lumalabas na mabilis pa ang FXT? The prodrive tranny's the best I've used na non-CVT but I don't think it's as good as a manual!?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    try nyo i drive yung mga cadillac na ginagawang KARO ngaun yungh v8 ang makina hahaha

soft ride at smooth ride hanap nyo yun ang blhin nyo mura pa

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SeismicMan View Post
    Guys, please share your insights/ experiences on which vehicles available today have the smoothest ride. Need it for my parents

My requirements:
    smooth ride, FC, looks and resale

Thanks
    Aside from a smooth ride, I suggest you consider how your parents will ingress/egress the vehicle. With mid-full sized sedans you tend to 'fall into the back seat' and 'climb out' during egress which is quite difficult if your parents are older. Choose a vehicle where your parents simply hop into and out of the car. A good example is the Hyundai Santa Fe. Cleverly made rear seats in terms of height vis-a-vis road height/ body clearance and overall suppleness. The rear suspension is not bad for a 5+2, the folding rear seats come in handy when the 'yaya' or the 'apos' need to ride with their grandparents.

HTH

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Old school Toyota Tamaraw FX! hahaha... very best ride comfort! Joke! hahaha... The Forester is a good one and also the Camry and Cefiro...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir seismicman, ano po gusto nyo? brand new or second hand? if gusto ng parents mo ng SUV eh may 2nd hand pajero fieldmaster. yung 99 model nasa 900k+ pero may mababa pa jan for sure. malambot talaga ang ride. pajero owner din pero gen2. malambot din naman yung 99 kasi same suspension din. may damper(yun ata tawag dun) pa na pde mo i set ang suspension to soft medium or hard. malambot talaga pag nalubak ka di mo masyado nararamdaman. smoothness, check; looks, check; fc, ikaw na humusga. nasa 10km/l eh. mas mababa pa nga minsan. hehe; resale, check.

kung bnew sedan naman, ok din yung altis. altis ang mga taxi namin dito kaya alam ko na comfortable talaga sakyan ang altis

kung bnew suv, maybe alterra or everest. according to owners mas di daw matagtag ang alterra kesa sa everest..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Smooth riding vehicles???