New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,582
    #11
    Stop and go traffic, smaller engine has better Fc, irregardless of transmission. Highway driving, big engine + cvt is way better.

  2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    227
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    Hehe, single speed so primera lang siya lagi?

    6-CVT and 7-CVT is from manufacturer datasheet and refer to equivalent speed when compared to conventional AT.
    mrjeff is quite right. But it doesn't mean na naka primera lang siya lagi. A CVT is comprised of two pulleys connected by a belt. (Same sa mga motor na mio if you already ridden it). There are no set number of “gears” in a CVT because it can choose the exact gear ratio along a “variable” continuum between it’s lowest and highest gear ratios.

    Sa madaling salita, pulleys ang nagpapaandar sa mga CVT na sasakyan at hindi mga gears like the conventional Automatic Transmission cars na may gears.

  3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,445
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Stop and go traffic, smaller engine has better Fc, irregardless of transmission. Highway driving, big engine + cvt is way better.
    Agree. Stuck ka sa traffic, less sip ng fuel ang smaller engine

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25,357
    #14
    1.6 4at corolla prior the cvts are still fuel efficient if driven economically.

    The 2.0cvt cant match 30days of metro manila traffic fc of a 1.6 4at.

    For 40liters of 91ron in metro manila:

    320-400km on the 1.6 4At
    260-340km on the 2.0cvt

  5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,767
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ramones283 View Post
    mrjeff is quite right. But it doesn't mean na naka primera lang siya lagi. A CVT is comprised of two pulleys connected by a belt. (Same sa mga motor na mio if you already ridden it). There are no set number of “gears” in a CVT because it can choose the exact gear ratio along a “variable” continuum between it’s lowest and highest gear ratios.

    Sa madaling salita, pulleys ang nagpapaandar sa mga CVT na sasakyan at hindi mga gears like the conventional Automatic Transmission cars na may gears.
    Thanks sa clarification. But like what I already said, the 6-CVT and 7-CVT descriptions are from the manufacturer datasheet so I just posted as they are. This thread simply wants to compare small engine with traditional AT vs big engine with CVT.
    Last edited by red_one; August 1st, 2015 at 10:18 PM.

  6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,582
    #16
    Oh yea, i forgot. On highway driving, if u di maintain a cruising speed, say 80km/h, the one who has the less rpm wins. I think.

  7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,767
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    1.6 4at corolla prior the cvts are still fuel efficient if driven economically.

    The 2.0cvt cant match 30days of metro manila traffic fc of a 1.6 4at.

    For 40liters of 91ron in metro manila:

    320-400km on the 1.6 4At
    260-340km on the 2.0cvt
    Thanks so converted..

    320-400km on the 1.6 4AT = 8-10 km/L
    260-340km on the 2.0 CVT = 6.5-8.5 km/L

    Are both values from the Corolla Altis?
    Last edited by red_one; August 2nd, 2015 at 09:13 AM.

  8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    54
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Stop and go traffic, smaller engine has better Fc, irregardless of transmission. Highway driving, big engine + cvt is way better.
    with this, your query is already answered. up to you to decide.

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25,357
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    Thanks so converted..

    320-400km on the 1.6 4AT = 8-10 km/L
    260-340km on the 2.0 CVT = 6.5-8.5 km/L

    Are both values from the Corolla Altis?
    Yes displacement is a big factor in metro manila.

  10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,767
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Yes displacement is a big factor in metro manila.
    Okay, thanks again.
    Last edited by red_one; August 4th, 2015 at 09:42 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Small Engine (AT) vs Big Engine (CVT)