New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Oi nice comparo... rename ko nalang to ok?

Anyway, hirap ah... Kasi if I were to go trailing, ok na ok ang Subbi with its 4WD system.

I think the Subbie is bigger too! Ok na ok kung Gary Fisher din yung bike mo kung naka Subaru ka. hehehe...

Sa Subaru, it's newer since 1998 will cost less than 200K but maintenance is expensive, not unless you know where to go for parts and guzzles gas more. Kung Rolla naman, it's older, cheaper to maintain, probably more fuel efficient if properly maintained.

For me, I'd go for the Subaru because of Mt. Biking where 4WD is a demand, fun to drive, more comfortable, more space... And since I only ride every weekends, I only drive it on weekends to Maarat or wherever. hehehehe...

If you still have more money, get a MB W124 Estate Diesel nalang.
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    sure

comparing the ae92 wagon with the subaru.. they are miles apart :D i really like the subary legacy wagon before up to now.. though they come cheaper nowadays, its the cost of maintenance that scares me.. same with the VW caravelle, i like this one also as a replacement for my old paj, again the maintenace cost can be intimidating.

ahh yes! the MB124 estate diesel is truly something to aspire about

anyway, back to reality... the corolla singkit wagon is a cheap enough vehicle to bring me to point A to B in a frugal manner and feed my hunger to obtain a bit of "eccentrity" on the road. hehehe

btw, i keep seeing this toyota cressida 90's model running along near our place with a for sale sign.. it's a diesel. tried to call the number and the asking price is 130k. hmmm.. could ba another great option if it gives good mileage. i will do some research about the model in the net.

So far the corolla wagon is very much feasible since i get some positive feedbacks re some of the owners interest on having theirs swapped with my 400cc bike.. If i get a subaru i would need to dig deeper in my pockets plus the cost of maintenance could be daunting ... but at least i got what i wanted haha.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Ask the Subaru guys here... I'm pretty sure it's reliable because it's under Toyota rin.

The MB W124 Diesel could cost you twice - thrice the price of a Singkit Corolla. But everything fits, 7 seater pa ito! What can you say about the ride? It ride likes a million hot cakes put together.

May interior pictures ka ba sa Rolla sir v22? Meron din palang Optra Wagon! Tipid daw ito sa gas and maintenance are quite easy to find. It's pretty much common for bike owners.
    Last edited by drey; December 16th, 2007 at 10:14 PM.
    iam3739.com

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Funny thing...type ko din yung optra! :D but i guess its gonna cost more and the parts ai'nt cheap.

I don't have any pics of the singkit wagon.. but i have ridden on one before, may mga taxi pa nito dati. ok naman, mejo bare lang nga. While the unit i saw parked in front of ichiban seemed to have all options installed! fooogeee wish i took a pic that time. These model seem to sell cheap, usually nasa 100k.

btw, did a few search re the cressida, it's the last cressida released.. most likely 2c ang makina. does'nt those get good mileages? kaya lang di sya wagon! :D

Talaga 7 seater pala yung mga w124's?? hmmm... actually i'm also thinking of replacing our gen 2 paj to something that can load more passengers comfortably yet easy and fun to drive pa din, we drive oursleves, the old model starex seems to fit the bill.

btw, how do you load your bike? via roofrack? wagon's look nice with em ano? kaso those thule racks are pretty darn expensive.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Kasya ang bisikleta ko sa LiteAce sir... I have to take off the front wheels first kasi yung 2nd row di pwede i-fold or move forward.

I might convince my friend to go to Subic this April for TLBF. Road trip kami at sagot ko ang fuel expense. heehehe...

About sa roof rack, wagon's look good on them and they are easier to reach. Downside kung roof rack ay, baka ma class 2 ang kotse mo sa toll. And you can't just leave your bikes outside.
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    yeah i heard about that tollgate thing.

yup, its easier to reach on a wagon.. lalo na kung lowered! naks :lol:

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    hehehe... lowered... useless na yan sa trails.
    iam3739.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Singkit Corolla Wagon vs. Other Wagons