New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Medyo madami nang replies dito...

But to answer TS.

IMO, why not?

Hobby yan, some will spend on bikes, guns, computers, camera etc, yung iba travel... May kilala din akong super restore ng VW Beetle nya, ngayon naghihinayang na sya gamitin.

Kung kotse lang talaga naiisip mong hobby. Go for it. Pinaghirapan mo naman yang pera mo.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Sabi ko na cath eh. Kulang ang Post mo pag walang "buti si crush...this and that" Should I buy a car just to have a hobby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's my ultimate in everything kasi kaya parati ko nare relate :P

Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    I have a catalan friend taught me spanish, para daw mas madali mag french.

Andami na suggest dito, ano na kaya acton plan ni TS.

May i add suggestion to TS to buy a farm or a retirement place.

Then buy a a reliable pickup kahit 2nd hand. If you decide to remain single, at least may papasyalan ka with your dog. Or another farm biz hobby.

At 28 im f***ng girls. Joke

Seriously at 28 i have my own place, and at this age i have my dream resort soon to be developed.
    Cars for me are just liability lalo na sa maynila parking pa lang problema na so i leave the car at the garage use it for long drives and farm duties. If it is a necessity for you like transporting to the office back to domicile then get the car.

Pero whatever it takes, get the car na nga kahit bukas na punta ka sa showroom for you to start na like learn how to drive.
    Which car? avoid Chevrolet, GM, Mazda, Ford, Korean stick to Jap for ease of maintenance. Airbags are plus but not necessary in metro traffic, build first your confidence in driving properly on public roads then saka ka upgrade or additional car.
    So you speak Spanish? Both are derived from Latin but I don't see much similarity between Spanish and French. Spanish and Italian ang magkalapit. If you are fluent in Spanish, you will understand some Italian without studying the language.

I agree, stick to Japanese cars. But I recommend that he learn to drive and practice first before buying brand new.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Brand new na agad. Iba amoy ng new car noh.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    He's my ultimate in everything kasi kaya parati ko nare relate :P

So you speak Spanish? Both are derived from Latin but I don't see much similarity between Spanish and French. Spanish and Italian ang magkalapit. If you are fluent in Spanish, you will understand some Italian without studying the language.

I agree, stick to Japanese cars. But I recommend that he learn to drive and practice first before buying brand new.
    Konti. i lost interest before i lost her but french are sweet gentle people. Nakikinood lang ako sa Dora spanish version ng pamangkins.

Yes brand new! addicting smell ng adhesive.. Go go TS, buy a GF! lol

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Malutong pa tunog ng blinkers.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Assuming you have the money to actually buy a car ...

First, learn how to drive. Take lessons from a good driving school. They will provide the car. Its a valuable skill even if you don't own a car.

Second, do you really need a car? If the traffic between your condo and your office is tolerable, you could use the convenience of going anywhere anytime, and you will actually use it on a regular basis, then get a car.

Third, do you have the time and budget for maintenance? Cleaning, preening, and preventive maintenance can take time and money. Do you have budget for gas? Prices are high right now. Do you have a secure parking space? Parking on public roads may get it carnapped or towed. If all your answers are positive, then get a car.

Finally, are you really interested in cars? Some people only look at them as tools. But others get really excited about driving, riding, preening, tinkering, customizing, reading about, and simply being being around cars. If you are one of the latter and have the money to burn, then buy a car and make it your hobby.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    186 posts!
    19 full pages!
    and all because a guy with 3 million bucks wants to buy a car...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    186 posts!
    19 full pages!
    and all because a guy with 3 million bucks wants to buy a car...
    A 28 year old with 3 million in cash - from salary.

It's quite an achievement

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    I think kaya sya sa IT if programmer and niche yung technology na gamit, pero di parin nga madali, lalo na if local employee. Kabilib parin nga ang 3m. Haha. Dami mo kasing makakahiligan like gadgets, computers, etc.

Same age kami ni ts and it programmer din ako. Nung fresh grad kami at 2011, 25k na yung starting. If after 2 yrs llipat ka or promote, instant 40-50k. Pag 5yrs ka na sure kayang kaya na ang 100k per month. Pero crawl na after mareach yang 6 digits. Or ako lang yun. 8yr work nako pero parang 10k nalang increase per yr. Wala naring ot pay. :|

Ts, personally I would recommend that you 1st buy a big lot where you want to build your dream house and a condo. After that ka nalang mag cars.

Wag ka na gumaya sakin na inuna yung sasakyan. Sedan then lot then condo then suv ang setup ko ngayon. And medyo marrying age na tayo. Problema ko ngayon, may pang kasal nako pero di pa ready yung house. 1br lang yung condo ko so hassle mag family dun.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kreme View Post
    I think kaya sya sa IT if programmer and niche yung technology na gamit, pero di parin nga madali, lalo na if local employee. Kabilib parin nga ang 3m. Haha. Dami mo kasing makakahiligan like gadgets, computers, etc.

Same age kami ni ts and it programmer din ako. Nung fresh grad kami at 2011, 25k na yung starting. If after 2 yrs llipat ka or promote, instant 40-50k. Pag 5yrs ka na sure kayang kaya na ang 100k per month. Pero crawl na after mareach yang 6 digits. Or ako lang yun. 8yr work nako pero parang 10k nalang increase per yr. Wala naring ot pay. :|

Ts, personally I would recommend that you 1st buy a big lot where you want to build your dream house and a condo. After that ka nalang mag cars.

Wag ka na gumaya sakin na inuna yung sasakyan. Sedan then lot then condo then suv ang setup ko ngayon. And medyo marrying age na tayo. Problema ko ngayon, may pang kasal nako pero di pa ready yung house. 1br lang yung condo ko so hassle mag family dun.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    words of wisdom.
    heed, TS!