New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    IT industry is facing a bleak future imo. Cue in automation.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    Maybe he is doing the automation?
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Naka-City ako ngayon. I love it. Should I buy a car just to have a hobby?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Na judge nga na Uber e haha
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Lahat naman meron risk eh, kung puro risk iisipin, huwag na lumabas ng bahay baka masagasaan. Teka lang pwede rin pala madulas sa bahay at maumpog ulo at mamatay. Should I buy a car just to have a hobby?

You're young go for it. Kailangan ka pa mag Enjoy ng pinahirapan mo? You have all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ROFL!!!! HAHAHA!

i still can't get over the 3M ipon from salary. Naawa ako sa sarili ko haha

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Maybe he is doing the automation?

Na judge nga na Uber e haha

ROFL!!!! HAHAHA!

i still can't get over the 3M ipon from salary. Naawa ako sa sarili ko haha

Mentor mo na lang siya.

TS,
    Kung approved ni uls bumili ka ng kotse, bili na agad Before magbago isip ni uls. Should I buy a car just to have a hobby?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Naka-City ako ngayon. I love it. Should I buy a car just to have a hobby?

Paddle shifters make you flog it i presume

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk Pro

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Paddle shifters make you flog it i presume

I have the 1.5E with no paddle shifters. But the transmission is responsive on its own and power is matched nicely to the engine.

It's with the CRV that I abuse the paddle shifters. I love the instant downshift. Should I buy a car just to have a hobby?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    kayo talagah!
    papano kung, heaven forbid, biglang ma-retrench si TS?
    Thanks ulit guys. I’ve been a member of few forums and been also creating threads there and ito pa lang talaga yung umabot ng 12 pages within a day of my posting. Super informative talaga yung responses nyo.

Although anything is possible, I think maliit lang yung chance na maretrench ako for the next 5 years... hindi naman po sa nagmamayabang, pero my job based on my skillset is one of the most demanding jobs sa IT industry.. ang inaalala ko lang is yung passion ko sa work hehe. Lately kasi I feel na nabu-burnout ako or I lose passion and want to try something I would say engaging job. Maybe a career shift then continue my side line project as software engineer. That way, continuous pa rin yung income ko. Actually my sister mentioned na I might be in mid life crisis lol. Maybe that’s the reason why I want to try new hobbies.

Next is health concern... I planned it already by availing health and life insurance so I am prepared in case I will have a serious health issue for the upcoming years...

Back to topic, mukhang maganda nga yung features ng civic interior and exterior... pero if hindi naman pala icoconsider yung side air bags, then I’m starting to think to choose for a sedan na cheaper. Around 700k or less na may driver air bag sa front.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Kung approved ni uls bumili ka ng kotse, bili na agad Before magbago isip ni uls. Should I buy a car just to have a hobby?

BWAHAHAHA!!!

Bakit ko i mentor e ako nga walang ipon from salary

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by commercial View Post
    Thanks ulit guys. I’ve been a member of few forums and been also creating threads there and ito pa lang talaga yung umabot ng 12 pages within a day of my posting. Super informative talaga yung responses nyo.

Although anything is possible, I think maliit lang yung chance na maretrench ako for the next 5 years... hindi naman po sa nagmamayabang, pero my job based on my skillset is one of the most demanding jobs sa IT industry.. ang inaalala ko lang is yung passion ko sa work hehe. Lately kasi I feel na nabu-burnout ako or I lose passion and want to try something I would say engaging job. Maybe a career shift then continue my side line project as software engineer. That way, continuous pa rin yung income ko. Actually my sister mentioned na I might be in mid life crisis lol. Maybe that’s the reason why I want to try new hobbies.

Next is health concern... I planned it already by availing health and life insurance so I am prepared in case I will have a serious health issue for the upcoming years...

Back to topic, mukhang maganda nga yung features ng civic interior and exterior... pero if hindi naman pala icoconsider yung side air bags, then I’m starting to think to choose for a sedan na cheaper. Around 700k or less na may driver air bag sa front.
    Cheapest car I would suggest is the City 1.5E for 850k. Covers all the basics.

Should I buy a car just to have a hobby? Class-leading space for a subcompact
    Should I buy a car just to have a hobby? Relatively fuel efficient
    Should I buy a car just to have a hobby? Decent exterior looks
    Should I buy a car just to have a hobby? Complete basic features (airbags, ABS, Bluetooth, fog lamps)
    Should I buy a car just to have a hobby? Ample power
    Should I buy a car just to have a hobby? Comfortable ride

If you get a 700k car like a base model Vios, manual lang yun. If you get a Mirage G4, sobrang low quality compared to the City tapos mas masikip and mas mahina engine. Yung GLX na 712k sobrang bare (walang features). Yung GLS naman na 820k, masyado na malapit presyo sa City, edi mag-City ka nalang.

If you want more toys, you can get the City VX for 950k. May push start/keyless entry, climate control, better interior finishing, etc.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    TS. Kung burned out ka. May i suggest go out and travel just to clear your mind. It works wonders for me. Malay mo, dun mo makilala ang soon to be GF mo.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I have the 1.5E with no paddle shifters. But the transmission is responsive on its own and power is matched nicely to the engine.

It's with the CRV that I abuse the paddle shifters. I love the instant downshift. Should I buy a car just to have a hobby?

Im gonna make a believer out of you i think im the only one here who is a sucker for paddle shifters hehe.

Back to the TS: with 3M in the bank and the amount of money you make....I'd go for a property. Settle that score first. Buy a good condo or property (even if you have to take out a loan for it). You seem to have the downpayment and earning capacity to see that thru. Land prices keep going up. Your 3m will be worth a lot less in 5 years timw. But the 3m you put in as a your equity into property will be worth a hell of a lot more in the same time frame. Its forced savings a d yet youre also upgrading your lifestyle AND investing at the same time.

Once that is out of the way then get a car. Id recommend a Jazz or something similar. Attractive , fun , moddable, high resale value, comfort and utility in a very nice package.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What about the Yaris? It looks good