New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Excel is a different beast. Pero it takes a similar coding mindset to do well. Pwede ka rin siguro sa BS CS or MIS hehehe
    If I didn't take ME, Intarmed dapat ako. Should I buy a car just to have a hobby?Should I buy a car just to have a hobby?Should I buy a car just to have a hobby?

If that happened, hindi ko pa kayang magpakasal and wala pa kong kotse or bahay ngayon. Doctors only start earning money in their 30s.

Ang starting salary ng private hospital for residents, nasa 18k lang. Pag public, nasa 40-50k pero mas toxic. You only really earn the big bucks pag consultant ka na.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Pretty sure, at some point, software engineers are like this.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...34/765/b7e.jpg

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If I didn't take ME, Intarmed dapat ako. Should I buy a car just to have a hobby?Should I buy a car just to have a hobby?Should I buy a car just to have a hobby?

If that happened, hindi ko pa kayang magpakasal and wala pa kong kotse or bahay ngayon. Doctors only start earning money in their 30s.

Ang starting salary ng private hospital for residents, nasa 18k lang. Pag public, nasa 40-50k pero mas toxic. You only really earn the big bucks pag consultant ka na.

Tama rin. Most of my friends are doctors, yung iba intarmed. Can confirm your statement. (Doc D, tama naman diba?) Di ko tiningnan yung salary part when I was looking for a course. Just thought that the MD life wasn't for me haha.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Owning a vehicle is overrated ... if you really need to buy a car, consider a second hand vehicle ... that will teach you more about owning a car ...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Tama rin. Most of my friends are doctors, yung iba intarmed. Can confirm your statement. (Doc D, tama naman diba?) Di ko tiningnan yung salary part when I was looking for a course. Just thought that the MD life wasn't for me haha.
    Same here. Plus not all doctors earn big, I know a lot na middle class. I am not gonna study for 8 to 10 years and I would lose my mind if I have to deal with sick people daily. And what if a patient of mine dies. I can't handle it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by commercial View Post
    Hi guys.. i am currently 28 yrs old living in the Philippines. Currently I have earned almost 3M from working in IT industry. I came from province and I work in Manila. I rent a bedspace on a condominium for 5k a month

Right now, I do not have any gf yet I am also somewhat introvert and do not have any friends. I also do not have a hobby. Is it a good idea to learn how to drive then buy a brand new car worth 1M for me just to make it a hobby? 1 M because that’s the only lowest price of the car na may side airbags (safety kasi yung main concern ko.) I really want to learn how to drive car and syempre, I want to drive my own car after I learned driving. And also, I want to attract girls din and syempre mas convenient na pumunta sa nililigawan ko pag may car ako. Problem is, baka iuwi ko lang yung cAr sa province and baka hindi ko rin siya magagamit lagi since may work ako weekdays. Do you think it is a good decision po?
    dude 28 ka na

buy the car

sakay ka ng chicks

mag road trip

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    dude 28 ka na

buy the car

sakay ka ng chicks

mag road trip
    Where's the advise about when you own a car dadami lakad at gastos. Haha.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Where's the advise about when you own a car dadami lakad at gastos. Haha.

haha

he can afford it naman

he's buying the car in cash unlike other people hulugan

and tuloy tuloy naman ang income niya so expenses will come from his income not the 2M left sa savings

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    How about a big touring bike? Might cost a little more than a car though. Pwede rin to pang gimik, angkas mo chicks sa likod mo... hehe

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Owning a vehicle is overrated ... if you really need to buy a car, consider a second hand vehicle ... that will teach you more about owning a car ...
    Talaga?

By commute, it would take me 1-1.5 hrs to get to my office. By car, 20-30 minutes. Not to mention the stress sa pakikipagsiksikan sa MRT, sabit sa jeep, plus having to be extra vigilant sa snatcher/holdup, etc.

Pag nasa mall tapos sobrang lakas ng ulan, napakahirap maghanap ng masasakyan pauwi, kahit pa Grab or Uber. Sobrang hassle lalo na kung marami kang dala.

Pag nasa probinsiya ka, just to get to the next town, you have to choose between a dangerous tricycle on the national highway, or an equally dangerous bus.

Yes, it's perfectly possible to survive without a car, just as millions of Filipinos do. But having a car is so much more convenient especially given the context of our awful public transpo system. So if you can afford it, why not?

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast