New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I agree. Can 2M buy a condo in Metro Manila?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    puede na.
    dependa lang kung saan.
    metro manila is a big place. the exactsame condo unit can sell within a range of one to two times asking price, depending on where...
    for example, a condo in my very commercial workplace asks for 4M. a similar condo elsewhere, but definitely not the boondocks nor the slums, can be had for 2.5M.
    parking slot is additional... 0.5 - 1M siguro.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 27th, 2018 at 09:47 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    [QUOTE=_Cathy_;2947235]Not worth spending money over if you will only use it on weekends. I agree, get a used vehicle. It will help you learn about cars pa. Why not use your family's car to learn to drive?

I have to be honest, 28 is kinda old na nga for a guy to not know how to drive. Turn off nga yun hehe

Hahaha, I learned how to drive at 34, buti na lang married na ako that time.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Thanks ulit sa mga sumagot. I won’t disclose my salary here hehe. Pero I work as software engineer. Earning that amount of money is indeed an accomplishment for me but I would say it is not easy. Your mind is always stressed and tired plus many times you sleep less than 4 hours. Actually it is recently that I realized na tumatanda na ako and I dont want to continue working for money forever so I plan to somewhat giveup my side lines and maybe have a more human life style hehe.

Anyway, actually naconsider ko na rin buying a townhouse pero I am single pa naman and I do not have yet any plans to settle on a specific location. Unless ipa-rent ko yung mabibili kong townhouse.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako lang magsabi sayo na go! Enjoy your life. Buy a car. Get all the women you can while you're still young. Yun naman nasa isip mo eh. I dont think any amount of advise you read here will change your mind.

Youre Still allowed to make mistakes anyway.

Oldies mga tao dito, doon ka sa manila tonight hingi ng advise kung buhay pa yun site.

Tanong mo tao dito kung ano ginagawa nila nun 28 sila. Probably enjoying life...

Pero pinaka advise ko eh, know *cathy more. She can give you life lesson. Parang maging mentor mo siya. Should I buy a car just to have a hobby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shadow; March 27th, 2018 at 09:51 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by commercial View Post
    Thanks ulit sa mga sumagot. I won’t disclose my salary here hehe. Pero I work as software engineer. Earning that amount of money is indeed an accomplishment for me but I would say it is not easy. Your mind is always stressed and tired plus many times you sleep less than 4 hours. Actually it is recently that I realized na tumatanda na ako and I dont want to continue working for money forever so I plan to somewhat giveup my side lines and maybe have a more human life style hehe.

Anyway, actually naconsider ko na rin buying a townhouse pero I am single pa naman and I do not have yet any plans to settle on a specific location. Unless ipa-rent ko yung mabibili kong townhouse.
    You disclosed your savings na nga e. Hehe.

Townhouse you will earn money from rent. Car you will lose money.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

if you do not have the gift of investing,
    buy that townhouse. don't forget the garage!
    mabuti na yung naka-garahe na yung salapi mo, so's you don't spend it all in a manner you will regret later.
    you can always sell it or rent it out, should you be forced by circumstance to go back to the province and live in your inherited house.
    heh heh.

btw,
    a car is not an investment.
    it is akin to adopting a baby that refuses to grow up.
    translation: it will always be in need of maintenance and repair money.

hobby?
    try woodworking.
    ma-u-upuan mo pa.
    literally, "resting on your laurels".
    Last edited by dr. d; March 27th, 2018 at 09:56 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Two questions lang:

Can you afford it?
    Will it make you happy?

If yes to both, go for it. Your life, your happiness.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi guys.. i am currently 28 yrs old living in the Philippines. Currently I have earned almost 3M from working in IT industry. I came from province and I work in Manila. I rent a bedspace on a condominium for 5k a month

Right now, I do not have any gf yet I am also somewhat introvert and do not have any friends. I also do not have a hobby. Is it a good idea to learn how to drive then buy a brand new car worth 1M for me just to make it a hobby? 1 M because that’s the only lowest price of the car na may side airbags (safety kasi yung main concern ko.) I really want to learn how to drive car and syempre, I want to drive my own car after I learned driving. And also, I want to attract girls din and syempre mas convenient na pumunta sa nililigawan ko pag may car ako. Problem is, baka iuwi ko lang yung cAr sa province and baka hindi ko rin siya magagamit lagi since may work ako weekdays. Do you think it is a good decision po?
    Some thoughts on this topic lang...

I. Financials

I think that first and foremost, most important here is your monthly salary and expenses. Care to share?

Just FYI - owning a car isn't just buying.

May maintenance pa (5-10K visit sa CASA) about twice yearly, and insurance once a year.

You also have to pay for gas and parking.

Merong calculator somewhere that mentions how much you should be making / how much you should have banked up to be able to buy a car without issues. Other than that, basic math lang naman assuming you take into account all the expenses related to owning a car.

As others have mentioned, it may be wiser in the long term to go invest in something like land or something else.

II. Usage

If your car will spend most of the month sitting in your garage sa province, I refer you back to #1 -- Financials. Do not buy. If you see your daily life improving a whole lot with this purchase, may sense naman yung car purchase. First and foremost, a car is a tool to travel with.

III. Hobby

Assuming you have that covered, you mentioned na introvert ka and you 'do not have any friends'. If you feel that this will help you go out more, make friends, learn how to socialize, talk, move up in the corporate world, then the answer for me is a yes, may sense din, pero dapat panindigan mo (don't buy and end up not going!)

Think of it as an investment (but don't "Invest" too much). That said, you can go hang out at car clubs without really owning a car. Mas mahirap lang ng konte, and better if may kaibigan ka doon to begin with.

OR you can just join in with some of the tsikoteers dito kapag may EB / event. You don't have to own a car. Some of the folks around here are very accommodating. (it is cheaper din than doing so)

IV. Chicks

If you think this will get you girls and you use this to show off, feel ko the only ones you can attract are really gold diggers. If someone else shows up with a BMW, edi lipat na yung babae sa kaniya?

Bottom line, without more info, medyo mahirap to give you a concrete recommendation. A lot of valid points raised here sa thread though.
    Last edited by mda; March 27th, 2018 at 09:56 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Some thoughts on this topic lang...

I. Financials

I think that first and foremost, most important here is your monthly salary and expenses. Care to share?

Just FYI - owning a car isn't just buying.

May maintenance pa (5-10K visit sa CASA) about twice yearly, and insurance once a year.

You also have to pay for gas and parking.

Merong calculator somewhere that mentions how much you should be making / how much you should have banked up to be able to buy a car without issues. Other than that, basic math lang naman assuming you take into account all the expenses related to owning a car.

As others have mentioned, it may be wiser in the long term to go invest in something like land or something else.

II. Usage

If your car will spend most of the month sitting in your garage sa province, I refer you back to #1 -- Financials. Do not buy. If you see your daily life improving a whole lot with this purchase, may sense naman yung car purchase. First and foremost, a car is a tool to travel with.

III. Hobby

Assuming you have that covered, you mentioned na introvert ka and you 'do not have any friends'. If you feel that this will help you go out more, make friends, learn how to socialize, talk, move up in the corporate world, then the answer for me is a yes, may sense din, pero dapat panindigan mo (don't buy and end up not going!)

Think of it as an investment (but don't "Invest" too much). That said, you can go hang out at car clubs without really owning a car. Mas mahirap lang ng konte, and better if may kaibigan ka doon to begin with.

OR you can just join in with some of the tsikoteers dito kapag may EB / event. You don't have to own a car. Some of the folks around here are very accommodating. (it is cheaper din than doing so)

IV. Chicks

If you think this will get you girls, feel ko the only ones you can attract are really gold diggers. If someone else shows up with a BMW, edi lipat na yung babae sa kaniya?

Bottom line, without more info, medyo mahirap to give you a concrete recommendation. A lot of valid points raised here sa thread though.
    Excellent advice

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ...girl...!
    he's single..
    and he's not a moocher..
    and he just might look like elvis...

we used to have someone like that..
    pretty.. cultured.. good position at work..
    wonderment lang kaming lalake, kung bat walang nag-interes sa kanya...
    Last edited by dr. d; March 27th, 2018 at 10:03 AM.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast