New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Suggestion. Take the 2m and buy some lots in your province. Save the 1m for emergency.

Kung cocomputin mo ang parking cost, makikita mo dun madrdrain ang pera mo. Plus the gas prices pa ngayon.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Not worth spending money over if you will only use it on weekends. I agree, get a used vehicle. It will help you learn about cars pa. Why not use your family's car to learn to drive?

I have to be honest, 28 is kinda old na nga for a guy to not know how to drive. Turn off nga yun hehe

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    i learned to drive at 28.
    that was the time i could already afford to buy my own (used) car with my own money.
    i didn't want to ask for car money from my parents.

adjusted for inflation, it was nowhere near 1M, my bank account was.

and yes, take the advice from the others.
    buy real estate. its value will only increase. hindi pa nababangga.
    just don't buy where they will put up a big road or lrt.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 27th, 2018 at 09:24 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenR View Post
    Ouch, this is what I did. My car only gets used most weekends
    But the car is with you, in your house. And I assume you've had several cars before that

I'm waiting for uls to see this thread and his explanation on what car ownership entails. Two reasons why TS has so much cash: no gf and no car. Hehe. Seriously though.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by commercial View Post
    Hi, salamat sa mga nagpahayag ng kanilang opinion.

My parents in the province have a garage. Dun ko sana plano I park yung car. Umuuwi kasi ako ng province on weekends so I can use it. Moreover, I can bring it in Metro Manila (where my work is) from time to time then I can pay park na lang if ever I buy one. I also think that driving is a skill din... and sooner or later I will purchase a car so why not start learning to drive and buy a car now.

Sa mga nagtatankng where I got the money, from working in corpo + side line projects (home based). Basically yeah, I am living to work and no social life.
    Congrats on your savings! Do you live a frugal life? Kahit single ako i wouldnt save that amount of money. Should I buy a car just to have a hobby?

Agree ako sa used car unless your family sa province eh gagamit din why not buy a bnew na mga CUV or pick up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by commercial View Post
    Hi guys.. i am currently 28 yrs old living in the Philippines. Currently I have earned almost 3M from working in IT industry. I came from province and I work in Manila. I rent a bedspace on a condominium for 5k a month

Right now, I do not have any gf yet I am also somewhat introvert and do not have any friends. I also do not have a hobby. Is it a good idea to learn how to drive then buy a brand new car worth 1M for me just to make it a hobby? 1 M because that’s the only lowest price of the car na may side airbags (safety kasi yung main concern ko.) I really want to learn how to drive car and syempre, I want to drive my own car after I learned driving. And also, I want to attract girls din and syempre mas convenient na pumunta sa nililigawan ko pag may car ako. Problem is, baka iuwi ko lang yung cAr sa province and baka hindi ko rin siya magagamit lagi since may work ako weekdays. Do you think it is a good decision po?
    If you can live without a car, no need.

Try to find your own property (a nice, decent condo unit and maybe a lot in your province or preferred settle down place later on).

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i learned to drive at 28.
    that was the time i could already afford to buy my own (used) car with my own money.
    i didn't want to ask for car money from my parents.

adjusted for inflation, it was nowhere near 1M, my bank account was.

and yes, take the advice from the others.
    buy real estate. its value will only increase. hindi pa nababangga.
    just don't buy where they will put up a big road or lrt.
    heh heh.
    You don't need to own a car to learn to drive though Maybe I just come from a very traditional family where manly skills are taught early. My brother was taught to drive at 11 or 12. I had to wait until 16.
    Quote Originally Posted by carwhacko View Post
    Congrats on your savings! Do you live a frugal life? Kahit single ako i wouldnt save that amount of money. Should I buy a car just to have a hobby?

Agree ako sa used car unless your family sa province eh gagamit din why not buy a bnew na mga CUV or pick up.

Ang tindi nga P3M at 28 yrs old tapos from salary. Hindi bigay or from business.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    You don't need to own a car to learn to drive though Maybe I just come from a very traditional family where manly skills are taught early. My brother was taught to drive at 11 or 12.

Ang tindi nga P3M at 28 yrs old tapos from salary. Hindi bigay or from business.

I agree. TS pwede mo ba bigay estimate ng salary mo tas monthly expenses. Hahaha sobrang na curious ako kung pano mo nasave yun eh. Ikaw ang tunay na lodi.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Suggestion. Take the 2m and buy some lots in your province. Save the 1m for emergency.

Kung cocomputin mo ang parking cost, makikita mo dun madrdrain ang pera mo. Plus the gas prices pa ngayon.

I agree. Can 2M buy a condo in Metro Manila?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I agree. Can 2M buy a condo in Metro Manila?

Definitely no. Unless dun sa sobrang layo.
    Pede naman sya mag loan kung gusto ni ts. Pero kung sa MM lang, I'll buy a townhouse or lot na lang instead of a condo.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Enjoy life. Mas valuable ang time. Experience things, socialize, mag gf ka, own a pet, sumali ka sa organizations sa field mo, buy things that you desire, travel, food trip, kain sa mga resto na mahirap ipronounce yung menu items, hanap ka ng hobbies na magugustuhan mo.Pwede mo naman gawin lahat ito na hindi nasasacrifice yung savings mo. Lagi ko nga sinasabi balanse dapat, work hard, party harder!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast