New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by commercial View Post
    Hi guys.. i am currently 28 yrs old living in the Philippines. Currently I have earned almost 3M from working in IT industry. I came from province and I work in Manila. I rent a bedspace on a condominium for 5k a month

Right now, I do not have any gf yet I am also somewhat introvert and do not have any friends. I also do not have a hobby. Is it a good idea to learn how to drive then buy a brand new car worth 1M for me just to make it a hobby? 1 M because that’s the only lowest price of the car na may side airbags (safety kasi yung main concern ko.) I really want to learn how to drive car and syempre, I want to drive my own car after I learned driving. And also, I want to attract girls din and syempre mas convenient na pumunta sa nililigawan ko pag may car ako. Problem is, baka iuwi ko lang yung cAr sa province and baka hindi ko rin siya magagamit lagi since may work ako weekdays. Do you think it is a good decision po?
    if you don't have real garage space, nope.

manligaw kayo nang walang kotse. you will catch better-quality girls that way.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 27th, 2018 at 08:40 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Agree. You will only attract materialistic women. One of the worst kind IMO. You can never satisfy them and IF someone with more money or success comes along then you know what happens next - either you get cheated on or iwanan ka.

But I have to congratulate you, P3Ms savings for a 20 something is a lot. That's enough to buy a modest property in cash.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    errr... 28 na po. 28.
    but still good!

TS, how did you amass that considerable amount of cash?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    errr... 28 na po. 28.
    but still good!

TS, how did you amass that considerable amount of cash?
    Still a lot of cash savings for a 28 year old coming from his salary.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you don't have a garage or parking space, don't bother. If you do have one, I suggest you start with a used car for something like 300k-400k. Just to get you acquainted with car ownership.

28 with 3M and no chicks...dude, are you living in a cave or buried deep at work? Get out, go ask someone out, and you don't even need to have a car. Maybe if I was in your shoes, I would be living the life.
    Last edited by Egan101; March 27th, 2018 at 09:00 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    ...But dint Bob Marley preach No Woman No Cry????Should I buy a car just to have a hobby?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Maybe that is why he has so much cash. He'll have less cash after he gets a GF Guy friends ko may budget from salary for dates. Then gifts and travel etc

7. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Hi, salamat sa mga nagpahayag ng kanilang opinion.

My parents in the province have a garage. Dun ko sana plano I park yung car. Umuuwi kasi ako ng province on weekends so I can use it. Moreover, I can bring it in Metro Manila (where my work is) from time to time then I can pay park na lang if ever I buy one. I also think that driving is a skill din... and sooner or later I will purchase a car so why not start learning to drive and buy a car now.

Sa mga nagtatankng where I got the money, from working in corpo + side line projects (home based). Basically yeah, I am living to work and no social life.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Not worth spending money over if you will only use it on weekends. I agree, get a used vehicle. It will help you learn about cars pa. Why not use your family's car to learn to drive?

I have to be honest, 28 is kinda old na nga for a guy to not know how to drive. Turn off nga yun hehe

9. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Not worth spending money over if you will only use it on weekends.

Ouch, this is what I did. My car only gets used most weekends

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Maybe that is why he has so much cash. He'll have less cash after he gets a GF Guy friends ko may budget from salary for dates. Then gifts and travel etc

However, such a situation comes with benefits. If you are wise enough, a lot of benefits...

Quote Originally Posted by commercial View Post
    Hi, salamat sa mga nagpahayag ng kanilang opinion.

My parents in the province have a garage. Dun ko sana plano I park yung car. Umuuwi kasi ako ng province on weekends so I can use it. Moreover, I can bring it in Metro Manila (where my work is) from time to time then I can pay park na lang if ever I buy one. I also think that driving is a skill din... and sooner or later I will purchase a car so why not start learning to drive and buy a car now.

Sa mga nagtatankng where I got the money, from working in corpo + side line projects (home based). Basically yeah, I am living to work and no social life.
    Since you are still trying to get acquainted with the daily chore of driving, I suggest you get yourself a used Civic or Altis (something reliable, fuel efficient, and easy to maintain). Drive as much as possible to hone your skills.

As for going out, you don't need a car. Maybe you go ask someone you like for coffee, lunch, dinner, or anything. If things turn out well, you can enjoy the benefits. If not successful, ask another one.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast