New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    a black Sentra GX all power! yeah baby!!! :D

for me ok naman ang power ng Sentra 1.3L... kahit yung old FEs wearing the even older LEC/LEC PS engine...hindi naman mabagal para saken. its got 82ps from its 16v DOHC 1.3L (albeit carbureted) engine. Honda City Type Z lang ata ang 1.3L na kaya lumampaso dito.

going back, mas Ok for me ang Sentra GX. it's true that it is never destined to compete with the likes of City, Vios, Aveo but marketing of NMPH made it possible for them to position it one notch DOWN when it comes to PACKAGING (only).
    the 2006 Sentra GX has the "power" variant which comes with (i believe) keyless, CD player (in dash 1DIN), 14" rims (same as the Sentra GSX) all power features. its got a 1.3L DOHC 16valve EFI engine capable of 95ps (10ps more than the Vios 1.3!). that is aside from the bare GX model.

interior wise maganda din naman ang Sentra. bigger feeling cabin. though personally, it feels only a bit better sa likod despite the sizable dimension advantage. sa harap is where the space advantage is more noticeable. trunk is huge. styling is subjective; for me the Sentra looks nice honestly esp. in black. plus with some nice set of rims... that would really be sweet.

nakakaturn off ang no temp gauge ng Vios pati yung Cellphone-BAR like style ng fuel gauge. feeling mo di accurate. the Vios 1.3 E's center gauges are quite distracting but you'll get used to it in time. Vios also got a standard driver's airbag as standard on all 1.3 models too. so far, para saken yun lang ang advantage nya sa Sentra.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nissan dealers are also desperate to sell so you get to enjoy lots of incentives.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    according to some recent studies, mas maganda ang center gauge than the traditonal gauge.. dahil ang tingin mo ay pa-side rather than down.. hndi sya nkakadistract sa pagdri-drive.. it's like looking to ur side mirrors.. that's your peripheral vision.. i choose vios for fuel economy and style.. visit www.viosclubphil.com andyan ang mga vios owners just in case u have questions regarding vios..

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Ako I would choose VIOS. Toyota subok yan sa reliability and durability. Ang major complain ko lang talaga e yung center console. Super wierd. Kailangan mong sanayin.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Vios na vote ko. ang ga-an tapos matulin..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Center Gauges - I guess it depends on what people are used to or what is more convenient. I prefer the HUD style or Civic style, which puts the gauge high and in direct line-of-sight... although I'm still not sold on the split-display of the Civic.

Nissan is already re-designing its center gauges on some US models and returning to front-mounted gauges... people just don't like them.

As for digital versus analog... I used to think digital was too hard to use (from experience with 80's digital dashboards), but I find the slower scrolling large-font displays on current cars much easier... except on the Vios... too far offset, too deep in.

But, as with watches, people like the "feel" of an analogue gauge better than a digital readout... hence most high-end cars still use analogue, even the Mercedes S-Class, in which the analogue gauges are actually a digital display.

RE: size of Sentra... *Psylocke: sabagay, the Sentra isn't exactly cutting edge for the compact class anymore, and it isn't that big, but the 15-20 mm difference between the Sentra and the subcompacts is quite noticeable if you sit in them back-to-back three across.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Ang gusto kong console ng tsikot e yung parang consoles sa star trek. hehehe!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    I have a Vios and it's my 6th car already. But it's my first car with the instrument panel at the center of the dashboard. Di naman weird. After 2 days sanay na din ako. At mas mabilis nga ibalik focus mo on the road pag ganun ang position ng instrument panel. Halos same eye level din kase.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, Otep's got a point. Nissan dealers would be desperate enough to shower you with freebies just to sell their sentras, vs Toyota dealers who won't budge.

as to the instrument panel, despite being in the center of the dash, it doesn't take much getting used to. after all, much more concentration should be on the road instead of on the panel. i prefer the digital, coz it's easier to read, but mas maporma yung analog. one more thing though, there's a tendency to have more glare on the windshield from the dash in front of the driver in this centrally positioned instrument panel as against the conventional instrument panel.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
    Sentra GX, I test drove it last year when I was shopping. Acceleration is very bad. It's not the car you'd take to baguio.
    Right on...

Actually - it isn't the lack of hp that is plaguing it... it is the lack of torque coupled with a heavy body.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Sentra GX 1.3 m/t vs. Vios 1.3 m/t