New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ... and unbiased too if I may say so. Agree with the comment on the 1.6V Altis. Takes a little while to get used to in mastering the 4AT.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Sir cjv_justice anong fuel po gamit nyo on your altis?tried petron xcs then switched to petron unleaded,pansin ko medyo mas malakas consumption sa unleaded,tama po ba?thanks sir.sorry OT

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    one time nung April nawala sa isip ko naikarga ko XCS instead of the usually Xtra Unleaded. pansin ko mas maganda response and power niya. pero bumalik muna ako sa Xtra unleaded. for me wala naman difference sa consumption. pero kapag Caltex na Silver karga, yun mas mabilis maubos ewan ko kung bakit. parang mas ok either Shell Fuelsave Unleaded or Petron's Xtra... pati Total ok din.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    ... and unbiased too if I may say so. Agree with the comment on the 1.6V Altis. Takes a little while to get used to in mastering the 4AT.
    Bro how does your transmission behave? When you put your foot down, does it bother to downshift? Our 2.0V Altis (pre-facelift) uses the same transmission, except that it comes with paddle shifters. I find that I always have to use the paddle shifters if I need to downshift, say, during overtaking moves. Even in S mode, the transmission doesn't seem to want to downshift. It does, however, hold the gear up until the redline if I floor the pedal.

Heck, the 4-AT of the Vios is more responsive. I'm wondering if it's really how the Altis 4-AT is designed, or if it's because Toyota thought that since I have paddle shifters anyway, it'll make the transmission less excited to downshift on its own, or if it was just a bad break-in.

If it's the latter, I have half a mind to unplug my battery and let the ECU reset itself and maybe have the transmission be more reactive even without using the paddles.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    sir just a disclaimer, i have not mastered the tranny of this car a. hehe.

hell yeah its a a bit bothersome everytime i press the pedal down. this happens especially when climbing up a ramp, specifically the Skyway ramp in Pasay Road Arnaiz. It revs up as well on level road when I overtake but the RPMs don't shoot up as high compared to when I'm climbing up an incline. All I do is to depress the gas a little for it to gear up...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sedans comparison.....